#5- Hidden Places

Klaus POVWhen Isadora and I went to pick up Sunny, we found Duncan and Violet walking our way

Klaus POV
When Isadora and I went to pick up Sunny, we found Duncan and Violet walking our way.

"I'm sure ready for lunch," I told everyone.

Violet & Sunny agreed with me but Duncan & Isadora didn't seem too keen.

"Have you actually SEEN the food yet?" Duncan asked.

My siblings and I shook our heads.

"You'll lose your appetite."

We went to the lunchroom. And I now understood what Duncan meant.

Everything was disgusting. The apples were shriveled up and the Mac n'cheese looked like it came from the bottom of a witch's cauldron. I doubted any of the food were edible.

Once we got all our 'food', we met in the center of the cafeteria.

"So, where do we sit?" Violet asked.

"Typically, we just eat in the shack since it's quiet. Only if that's alright with you since it's now your home too." Isadora said.

We went to the shack. Nobody said much until we got there.

Sunny sat alone on the middle hay shack. Isadora & I shared one (score!) while Violet & Duncan were left to the remaining one.

"Serpa?" Asked Sunny meaning "How was class?"

"It was decent." Duncan answered.

"You can understand her?!?" Violet shockingly said.

"Yeah, it doesn't seem to difficult-" Isadora clarified.

"-But anyways class was different since we were given a partner project. That's never happened before." Isadora continued.

"That happened in our class too." Violet said.

"You mean we would have had to listen to them talk for hours at a time?" I nearly screamed out.

Was this legal? I mean it was a private school so I assume real rules don't apply.

The Quagmires nodded.

"Mert," Sunny said meaning "How terrible."

"Things can always be worse. Better than nothing?" Violet seemed to question.

As soon as she said this, I understood what she meant.

Count Olaf.

I hadn't thought about the retched man for so long. Even if this long period of time was only about a day. It's quite odd how we haven't seen him yet.

Will he ever come back? Where we finally safe?

A small chuckle escaped my lips. We were never safe.

"What do you mean Sunny?" Duncan asked while I adverted back to reality.

Now a sigh came out of my siblings lips as well as mine.