#9- How to Measure Emotion (using the metric system)

I've tweaked this storyline a bit to make it go in a different direction. If you've started reading this story before 6/27/20, please re-read the summary and the introduction chapter. It will clarify some things and you won't understand how this story goes from here if you don't

 It will clarify some things and you won't understand how this story goes from here if you don't

Klaus POV
The Broom closet.

It's not an ideal place to do school work, but neither is a classroom.

On the back wall was a shelf with cleaning supplies. Against another wall were a couple of mops as well as two buckets we put upside down on the floor so we could sit on them. These buckets were uncomfortable seats and low to the ground, but still not as nasty as the floor.

We first discussed the layout of how we would put our information on the board before we would actually start writing on it. Fortunately, Isadora had brought both a sharpie and a pencil to put our facts on the board.

We began by writing our name in sharpie on the back (like any good student would do with a rectangular paper thicker than a sheet of paper). Isadora's more loopy hand writing was a bit larger than mine, but I doubt anyone would notice other than me.

"I guess we should start measuring now." She said.

She grabbed a tape measure and began to unravel it. She bent over and put the end notch underneath my foot. From there she went up until she got to where my head stopped.

In pencil she lightly put my height as if it had been measured in a blender's height.

Our roles switched and now I had the tape. I did the exact same thing she did for me, except I put the measurements in celery stalks.

Now was width, because it's a totally normal thing to measure your width for a school project. If anyone in this class felt insecure, they had to be panicking while doing this.

Isadora opened her bag and searched around but grabbed nothing.

"I think we only have one tape measure now, I must have lost the other one." Isadora said.

"That's alright."

She handed me the tape and I began to put it around my waist. Still holding it in place, I wrote my findings in pencil.

I grabbed one of the ends to give to Isadora, but she had grabbed the other end thinking it would slide off. She had already wrapped it around her before she realized I was holding the other end.

So now we were tangled together by the waist, being pulled together by each end of the measuring tape. If it weren't for our height difference, are noses would probably be touching.

"That was unexpected." I said.

"It was. We should probably get untangled."

We didn't release the tapes.