[13]

WHEN CARLOS AND LUNA ENTERED the rehearsal room a few minutes later, they both shared nervous glances because of the crowd of teenagers before them

WHEN CARLOS AND LUNA ENTERED the rehearsal room a few minutes later, they both shared nervous glances because of the crowd of teenagers before them. Ricky immediately motioned for his girlfriend to come over to him, but she shook her head no, staying next to Carlos. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He mouthed to her asking if everything was alright, which she only weakly nodded in response to.

Nini spoke up once she noticed the lack of a teacher's presence. "Hey, where's Miss Jenn?" A chorus of people muttered asking the same thing after she spoke up.

Carlos shared a look with Luna, who nodded encouragingly beside him. "Miss Jenn had a small personal matter to attend to and won't be here today, but she instructed me and Luna to lead rehearsal."

"Personal matter? What happened?" Gina asked, looking for an answer from her best friend who kept her gaze away from her.

EJ made a snarky question next, but his comment was immediately ignored by everyone. "You and Luna are going to lead us? What has the world come to?" Ricky glared at the boy for his words. This comment left a bad taste in Luna's mouth. She thought her and EJ were cool with each other after she got him ice when he was hit in the mouth last week.

"Is she okay?" Ashlyn asked next.

"Good question, Ash. Is everything alright?" Nini piped up after.

Everyone kept chiming in with questions of concern to their theater teacher's lack of presence. Luna finally spoke loudly, "Everything is fine! Quit asking us. Let's just get what we need to get done today, okay? Let's go people. Chop, chop." She clapped her hands.

Ricky chuckled and mumbled, "Feisty." His girlfriend heard him from across the room, sending him an eye roll.

She walked across the room to him. "Get a move on it, Bowen. Don't just stand there," she sassed.

He pulled her into his arms, giving her an unexpected hug, which she gladly accepted. "You are so cute when you are bossy," he chuckled, kissing the top of her head before letting her go. She waved a hand at him before telling him to grab his script already.

Honestly, she had no idea what they were doing today. She was relying on Carlos to lead the entire thing while she just offered her opinion every once in a while.

They started the When There Was Me and You scene with a forest of boys surrounding Nini, but a lot of arguing ensued on what the scene should actually look like. Ricky suggested that he thought Nini should sing a solo acoustic version, but only one person agreed with him, and that was surprisingly Gina. Luna thought that it was a good idea, but wasn't sure if it was the best one so she just shrugged in his direction with a small smile on her face.

Carlos ended up cracking under pressure as the cast was proving to be too much to handle, arguing about the scene while still pressing for answers about Miss Jenn.