EIGHTEEN

THE BENDERS

THE BENDERS

"I MEAN IT, I look ridiculous Dean!" 

"Campbell you look fine!" 

The youngest Winchester blows a strand of hair away from her face and adjusts the hat that sits atop of her blonde locks, "I look like a freakin' goon," she mumbles. 

"Do you want in on this case or not?"

After whining for the entirety of the car ride over, the Winchester siblings had arrived to question their latest witnesses. Sam caught a whiff of the case late one-night last week, and it took them a good 3 days to book it cross-country. With a stiff neck and a fake smile, Campbell gears up for their next challenge. 

"Look, ma'am," Dean shifts his weight from foot to foot, "I know you spoke with the local authorities but this looks like a job for the state police." 

Campbell practically rolls her eyes at the suaveness of his tone, but follows her brothers' lead and takes off her state officer campaign hat.

"Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan," Campbell directs her warm smile to the young boy that stands next to his mother, "what did you hear last night?" 

The boy sighs a bit before recanting his story. "I was up late watching tv, when I heard this... weird noise."

"What did it sound like?"

"It sounded like... a monster," Evan gulps a bit after finishing his sentence. 

Sam shoots his siblings a pointed look before turning back to Evan and his mother. "Tell the officers what you were watching on TV," the woman insists. 

"Uh, Godzilla vs. Mothra," Evan says matter-of-factly. 

Dean starts to chuckle, "that's my favorite Godzilla movie! So much better than the original." 

Evan immediately smiles, "totally." 

"Yeah," Dean's expression turns sour as he points towards Sam, "he likes the remake."

"Yuck."

Campbell tries her best to hide her snicker, but Sam elbows her pretty hard before clearing his throat. "Did you see what this thing was?" The middle child asks.

"No," Evan looks down at his feet before making eye-contact with Campbell, "But I saw him take Mr. Jenkins!" He insists, "it pulled him underneath the car."

"Then what," Sam presses. 

"It took him away. I heard it. It made this really scary sound."

"What did it sound like, Evan?" Campbell asks.