The date

James' POV

It was already six o'clock and Leilani was still not here. I started to worry if this was another rejection. Or what if she was hurt. But if she gets in detention I would just join her.

Leilani's POV

Shoot. It's six o'clock and I still haven't fixed my hair. I wish 'Mione was here. She could've helped.

I ran downstairs while tying a ponytail.

"I was worried that you wouldn't come." James says, while sighing with relief.

"Sorry, I took some time with dealing with my hair." I apologized.

"It's okay. Follow me, I've planned this trip since you appeared." He grins.

I blushed lightly.

Originally, I thought we would go to the three broomsticks, but he was leading me somewhere else...

He brought me to a slope.

"Close your eyes." He told me.

I did as he said.

He led me upwards. I could tell we were going up a hill. The temperature felt cooler. Thank Merlin for that! It was pretty hot in the summer.

"Open your eyes." He instructed me.

I opened my eyes to see a paradise.

"It's amazing." I say as I pecked him on the cheek. Then I realized he might not have liked it.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Don't be. I rather enjoyed it." He replied.

"You really know how to charm girls." I acknowledge.

"And you just noticed?" He pouted.

"Hmmm.... Nope. I just wanted to acknowledge you know."

We sat down on the picnic blanket. There was all sorts of food and drinks. It was a really beautiful place to be honest.

"How did you know this place?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

"My parents met here. My mom nearly hexed him into an oblivion for bumping into her. How dare you bump into the heiress of the most ancient and noble house of Black! Quote unquote." He answered.

"That's rather a........ romantic way to meet." I told him unsurely."

We talked while eating for hours. I fell hopelessly in love with my bestfriend's dad. I knew I couldn't stay forever. But I wish I could.

Then our lips met with a kiss.

My mirror started ringing.

Dad had to call now.

He had to ruin the moment.

I answered the mirror.

It was Harry.

I saw him cringe.

"Oh. Hey Harry." I replied in relief." I didn't want dad to see what's going on. What do you want." I turned to James, "Wait a sec."

"Well have you noticed how many people tells me that I have my mother's eyes?"

I nodded.

"Well, hi mum."

I stood dead in my tracks.