Chapter 2 The Changeling

I woke up panting again. I had the same dream as the other night but this time it was more realistic and more intense. I got up, got dressed, cleaned and made everyone breakfast. I did anything that I could to take my mind off of the dream. When everyone woke up they ate their toast and jam and drank their tea.

"Mm toast and jam. I love it." Becky said and she took a huge bite. I picked at my food, and Bobby kept on meowing at my feet. I wanted to throw him against a wall because he had food and water and nothing to complain about but I didn't have the heart or the energy to do it. I tried shoving him away with my foot but he just kept on coming back like a magnet. I felt really annoyed this morning and Bobby was just testing my patience.

"Excuse me." I said and I stood up and went to the bathroom. I locked the door and sat down on the edge of the tub. I felt strange and worried. The pains have been occurring more often and my temper had gotten even worse. I walked over to the mirror and really looked at myself. My hazel eyes shown brighter and my skin was as pale as usual. I closed my eyes and decided to go back to where my mother and Becky were. It was time to leave for school anyway and I waved goodbye at my mother and got into Becky's car.

"Hey um, Becky?" I asked softly and she made a mhm sound. "What was your nightmare about the other day? I mean like I know you told me that they told you that you can save the world but was there anything else?" I asked out of the blue.

"Oh that . . . well it was about this group of people all dressed in white. I couldn't see their faces or anything but I do remember that I was in a meeting type of place. They kept on telling me that I forgot my duty and that I now have to get rid of the problem. I kept on asking them what the problem was but they didn't want to tell me. They kept on muttering the same things over and over again, such as I can save the world. They looked up and their eyes turned this bright blue colour that was almost blinding and they came closer and closer to me until I couldn't breathe." She said and looked into the distance as if it was a bad memory. "And what was yours?"

"Okay so I was standing in a place similar to the spot and everything felt so calm and happy and I was running around, being free but then the sky started to go dark and when I turned around I saw, well I saw crocodiles and alligators coming towards me. They tried to eat me and the more I tried to run the faster they got." I lied and I cleared my throat.

"We have been studying too hard. Luckily Summer is only twelve days away." Becky said but I could hear the uncertainty in her voice. I wondered as if she knew that I was lying, but somehow our dreams were awfully related to each other. She had a destiny and I had a destiny according to both our dreams. We drove in silence – again, and when we reached the school we sat in the car for a while in silence, pondering about everything.

"We should go in." I said after a while and Becky nodded. While I was walking towards the entrance Todd's girlfriend came and she came in front of me and pushed me hard on my chest. I stumbled backwards and fell down onto the hard gravel. When I tried to get up she stepped on my chest to hold me down on the ground with her sturdy leg.

"You bitch! You broke my boyfriend's nose. Did you know that he hurt his eye and might go blind?" she snapped at me and I could see that her face was full of anger. She grabbed me by the hair and she threw me further on the ground. My mouth was full of dirt and I could hear Becky screaming at them to stop. When I looked up I saw her being held back by two other girls. The blonde girl kicked me twice in the stomach and I groaned. My world was spinning. She kicked me again, and with the third kick I felt myself getting angry and when I saw her foot coming closer I grabbed it and twisted around it as hard as I could. She flew into the air – like slow-motion yet again - and I slowly got up, ignoring the pain. She fell down hard onto the ground and she coughed hard and spat out some of the dirt. I looked at the foot that I grabbed, I didn't know if it was broken but I could see it turning a blue-ish colour.