Chapter 7 The Truth

The Truth

"Don't I just look like super-hot?" Emelia asked and the three girls that sat next to me clapped their hands and made ooh and ahh sounds. I just let out a long breath and placed my head in my hands. Emelia was dress shopping and of course she was told to take me along for some 'cousin bonding time'. She had on this mermaid white dress that showed off all her curves and ended with a big sparkly tail. She turned around and looked in the mirror – admiring herself. Every dress she's put on so far had to be liked or else you'd hear a long lecture of how pretty she was in comparison to the rest of the world. We were sitting in a place called Bridal Couture, and even though I hated the house I just wanted to go back. I've been there for more than two weeks now and I've learnt nothing except how self-centred my cousin was. "What do you think Christina?"

"I think you look great." I lied and she stuck her nose up in the air and smiled. The three ladies who sat next to me were fairly young, and as far as I could tell they were human. They looked like models, but they still didn't come close to the beauty of the Angels and Demons. Daniel and James – my bodyguards – were both standing outside the store. It took me a while to get them to talk to me but when they did they found me amusing and surprisingly funny. I didn't know if I was really funny or if they just laughed because I was their boss's daughter.

"Well I am the fairest lady in this family." She said and the three women beside me started nodding and throwing compliments at her way. I wanted to stand up and attack her because who was she to just call everyone else ugly. At my homecoming party, I saw people who looked way prettier than her but she just assumed that she was the prettiest. One thing about Emelia was that she wasn't humble at all, or shy. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I just had to get some fresh air for once. I walked out of the store and joined Daniel and James outside.

"What's wrong Ms. Edgar?" Daniel asked. He was a tall and tanned man who looked like he could be one of Calvin Klein's models and James on the other hand looked like he could be a professional wrestler.

"Emelia is just being a pain in the ass again." I said and I leaned against the wall. I crossed my arm and James placed his massive hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry Ms. Edgar, you'll get used to it." He said and I gave a soft laugh. I think I would get used to it but for now I just wanted to grab her by the hair and throw her against that mirror. That would really get her to see her 'beauty' up-close. I wondered how the other three women must've felt, because I knew that all her bragging made me feel self-conscious and bad about my own looks. "And to be honest, I think you're beautiful."

"Yes, I agree with him. You are one of the best people I've ever met." Daniel said and I chuckled. That was nice coming from Demons. People like Emelia and Seth really gave Demons a bad name, because some of them weren't that bad at all.

"You guys aren't that bad yourselves. I think you both can become supermodels and professional wrestlers." I said and they smiled gracefully at me. I looked across the street. The whole street had normal shops and apartment buildings that weren't as fancy as Bridesmaid Couture, and right across this street was William in some store called Thrift OK! He was looking at a table that looked somehow enchanting (the table not William). I slowly walked across the street, and of course Daniel and James followed me. At the door of the store I stopped and turned around. They both gave me a nod and turned around and guarded the place.

"Remember Ms. Edgar, he's engaged." Daniel said and I rolled my eyes and went inside. I wasn't a homewrecker, so I wouldn't ever ruin William's relationship with Emelia. If the guy loved the girl enough to get that married to her then who was I to interfere, and after all I didn't even know him or like him in that way anyway. All I was looking for was some friendly conversation with Seth's right-hand man. As I came closer to him I felt that same energy again. I thought that the energy I felt by William was the same type of energy I would feel by any other Demon but it wasn't. His was electrifying and enigmatic and a mixture of dark and light, but other Demons were just evil and suffocating.