Fuck! Not again! I swear I should have killed you the first time

Isa POV

"I cant believe we got on" I whisper looking around the boat. Zuko, or Lee, looks down at me and shrugs. Back to his moody self I guess. Iroh sits down with Zuko and I walk over to the railing, looking out at the water. So beautiful. I dont remember the last time I was in Ba Sing Se. I've only been once and that was with the Rough Rhinos, they were collecting a traitor for the fire nation and I was tagging along. Before you get mad at me, he was a bad traitor, he killed some other generals wife so I didn't care when we traded him for gold.

"Akina?" I hear Mushi (Iroh) call out to me and I turn to look at him.

"Yeah?" I ask walking over to him and sitting down.

"I just wanted to make sure you were ok" He says and I smile

"Yeah, I was just thinking about the last time I was in Ba Sing Se" I mumble

"You've been in Ba Sing Se before?" Zuko asks surprised and I nod

"Only for a couple hours, I was tagging along with the Rough Rhinos. My brother had gone off with Ken and I wanted an adventure" I shrug.

"Wait, but you were 11 when your brother.... well you know" Zuko says and I chuckle

"yeah, but my father never really cared. We would be gone for months and he didnt even notice. If anything Colonel Mongke was more like a dad"

"You talk about them as if they haven't murdered hundreds" Iroh says and I look down into my lap.

"They were always kind to me, I know they are horrible people, but I'm not exactly the best either Mushi" I chuckle darkly and Iroh sighs

"Yes, well we are putting the past behind us! New city new life" Iroh says happely and I raise my eyebrow

"Ok, whatever you want Mushi" I mumble looking up at the stars

I was facing the ocean when I hear a familiar voice.

"You know I heard the captain here eats like a King" Jets annoying voice says behind me and I pull out my knife turning around to see Jet bothering Zuko

"Step the fuck away Jet" I warn him, watching as his eyes go wide.

"Is-"

"I go by Akina now" I seethe "Now step away, and do me and the world a favor by jumping off the fucking boat"

"Or what?" He asks "You're a monster! A traitor, I wouldn't be surprised if you slit my throat in front of everyone here"

"Shut up Jet! And leave Lee alone!" I glare at him.

"Aww am I bothering your boyfriend?" Jet teases "I didn't know a monster like you could ever get anyone to love her" Ouch.

"Really? How did it go with Katara you psychotic freak" I glare at him as Zuko stands up and stands in between us.

"Oh fuck you" Jet mumbles

"Is someone hurt?" I ask raising an eyebrow "Maybe you should go and run off to mommy. Oh wait! shes dead" I say and Jet glares at me, trying to stab me with his sword. Zuko stops him, pushing him away from me.

"Whats wrong with you two!" Zuko asks and I roll my eyes

"Dont bother Lee, dont get involved with him, hes fucking crazy" I mumble walking away to the railing. I shake my head, looking out the moon. Fucking idiot, I think to myself, What is he doing here? I lean my head against my hand and watch as the boat makes ripples in the water. After a bit Zuko comes back with heaps of food.

"Tell me you didnt" I look at him with wide eyes and he hands me a bowl rice silently "Zuko!" I say but he ignores me passing around the food and sitting down to eat it.

"I cant fucking believe it" I mumble, sitting in front of Iroh, who was eating his food.

"I'm sorry" Zuko mumbles and I look at him.

"We already got passed that step Lee, you learned how to apologize, now tell me why you're apologizing" I tell him taking this opportunity to teach him something. He looks up at me and rolls his eyes.

"I am sorry because you told me not to talk to Jet and I did" Zuko says and I nod

"And will you do it again?" I ask and he glares at me. I raise an eyebrow challenging him and he groans.

"No" He mumbles and I smile.

"Good job Lee" I say patting him on the back.

LATER THAT DAY

"So you are Akina?" The women at the ticket gate asks and I nod "And who are you to these people?" She asks, obviously not seeing any similarities between Iroh, Zuko and I.

"I am a family friend" I say and the woman nods stamping my passport and looks at Zuko

"Lee?" she asks and he nods

"Yes" He says and she stamps the passport and looks at Iroh.

"Mushy?" She asks

"It's actually pronounced Mushi" Iroh corrects her and she glares at him.

"Are you telling me how to do my job?" She asks and I sigh. I swear to the Spirits if I'm getting thrown in to an earth nation prison again, solely because of Iroh, I am never making him tea again.

"Uh, no, no. But may I just say you're like a flower in bloom. Your beauty is intoxicating" Iroh flirts and I try not to choke on air.

"you're easy on the eyes yourself" She flirts back and stamps the passports "enjoy your stay at Ba Sing Se" She says and Zuko grabs the passports running away.

"I am going to forget I saw that!" He says and I chuckle. We contiue walking around the city, buying a couple things for the apartment. Iroh leaves Zuko and I for a bit and comes back with flowers and good news.

"I got us jobs at that tea shop" Iroh says and I grin.

"Thats great Mushi!" I say exited to work in a tea shop again.

"Why did you buy flowers unlce?" Zuko complains and I roll my eyes.

"I want our apartment to look nice if you two want to bring a date home" Iroh says and i smile.

"I dont want a life here Uncle, this is a prison" Zuko says and I sigh

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. Now come on, work starts this afternoon!" Iroh says happily and I grin. We put everything in the apartment and walk over to a small tea shop in town. A man, who Iroh introduced as Pao, walks up to us.

"Hello" Iroh says and the man, Pao smiles, handing us all aprons.

"You can put them on and start working immediately" Pao says and he walks away. I tie my apron around my waist and look at Iroh struggling to tie his. I walk over and take a layer of bandage off my arm, leaving 1 more to keep the weapons in place. I tie the bandage to each side and tighten the rope.

"Thank you" Iroh says and I smile.

"It's not a problem" I say and watch as Iroh walks into the kitchen, and starts making tea.

"Ok Lee, are you ready to have the time of your life" I ask Zuko, winking at him as a couple walks into the tea shop. Zuko groans and I smile, chuckling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!
I hope you are all feeling well!
I have noticed that I get a lot of positive feedback (views & votes) on chapters that have a lot of 'screen' time with Zuko, so if you guys want more of that just tell me and I'll try to add more heart to heart and a touch of romance! I do want to take things slow, since they are teenagers and also in the middle of a war, but obviously that never bothered Sokka the back bender so I guess it shouldn't bother me 🤣🤣

Anyways I hope you have a wonderful day! And you are all safe and Happy!