Darling how long I've waited

Isa POV

"Zuko" I giggle watching as he trips over the steps up towards our rooms. He huffs, annoyed at the stairs. I place an arm on his shoulder and he takes a deep breath, standing up and looking at me with a soft smile. We walk into his room and I plop down on the bed, closing my eyes.

"You're full of sand" Zuko complains and I sigh, opening one eye.

"You can sleep in my bed then" I shrug and he rolls his eyes.

"Shouldn't be getting ready for the party?" Zuko asks and I sit up, looking out at the balcony, noticing how the sun is still shining.

"Ummm Zuko it's too early" I take off my shoes and get under the blankets.

"It is?" He asks throwing off his shoes and shirt, getting into bed next to me.

"Well, yeah" I mumble my eyes getting heavy "have you never been to a party?" I yawn and Zuko shakes his head "mmm..." I mumble "you just have to have fun, that's it" I whisper falling asleep and Zuko chuckles, wrapping an arm around me.

"I think it's time to go now" I hear Zuko mumble and I groan, lifting my head from his bare chest.

"Ok" I mumble rolling off the bed, landing on my stomach.

"Isa!" Zuko yells and I turn onto my back, looking up at Zuko.

"Ouch" I whisper and Zuko shakes his head, getting up from the bed and helping me up. I take a deep breath, leaning my head against his chest before standing up straight and waking towards the door.

"Are you all right?" Zuko asks fallowing me and I nod, opening the door.

"Go get dressed, I'll meet you here in 10" I smile and he nods. I rub my eyes, walking into my room, my eyes widening when I notice that Mai, Ty Lee and Azula are on my bed.

"Ummmm" I mumble looking around confused.

"We came to ask for help" Ty Lee says and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Help? From me?" I ask and she nods. Azula rolls her eyes and Mai looks down at her nails "we've never been to a party before" Ty Lee confesses and I nod.

"Oh, alright" I say walking over to my closet and looking around for clothes for myself "so did you want help on what to wear? What to say?" I ask and she nods.

"Just what to wear" Mai mumbles and I smile with a nod, choosing to completely ignore Azula.

"Well I know you have that nice red shawl, it would go great with the red skirt you have" I say looking at Mai and she nods. I turn to look at Ty Lee, trying to remember what I've seen her wear that was nice "you have that cute red shirt, that has a knot in the front" I remember and she smiles brightly.

"I packed that one!" She says happily and I smile, pulling out a short black dress with spaghetti sleeves.

"I'm wearing this" I show them "and well... I guess the most important thing is to have fun and to relax" I mumble "oh! And be your self" I smile and everyone nods, getting up from my bed and waking towards the door.

"And... what about boys?" Azula asks before walking out. Boys?

"Ummm well" I try to think of something to say to a person who I hate when I sigh "know your worth, if they don't like you for who you are then don't bother with them. Laughing at their stupid jokes and feeding their ego isn't the way to go, find someone who makes you smile" I suggest and she nods, stepping out of the room. I can't believe I just gave Azula advice about boys!

I throw on the dress, putting on black flats and brushing my hair. I put a bit of eyeliner on and step out of my room, walking towards Zuko who was leaning against his door, wearing an open shirt and pants.