I miss speaking

Isa POV

"Isa" I hear someone whisper and I grumble, hugging whatever I am holding closer to me. The pillow I am holding is radiating warmth and I smile, burying my face into...  no this isn't a pillow. I open my eyes, looking up at Zukos face. I blush realizing that I've been hugging him closer the entire time and he smiles down at me "I have to go" he says and I furrow my eyebrows, still not being able to talk "to a meeting, and you aren't letting go" he chuckles pointing to my arms, which are wrapped tightly around him. I let go of Zuko and he gets out of the bed "you should go back to sleep and rest, Jerry is outside if you need anything" he smiles and I lift 3 fingers for good.

Zuko walks out of the room and I sigh, staring at the wall in front of me. No talking. No taking. No talking. I fall back onto the bed. I'm so bored! And my arms hurt! And I'm tired of eating soup for breakfast lunch and dinner! I huff, getting out of the bed and looking through my closet for something to wear. I try to put on a dress by my arms sting and I decide to just tie on a robe. I walk out of the room, numbing into Jerry who was pacing.

"Isa! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!" He apologizes and I smile, waving my hand and showing him that it's ok "what are you doing out of your room? You should be resting" he fusses over me and I roll my eyes, pointing towards the gardens "I don't know Prince Zuko didn't-" he starts and I cross my arms, he sighs realizing that I'll go with or without him "I don't want to get fired" he groans but fallows me to the gardens. I smile, feeling the grass underneath my feet and smelling the flowers.

I turn to face Jerry, realizing that after all our time together I never asked his name. I point to me and he furrows his eyebrows.

"You?" He ales and I shake my finger "me?" I shake again, drawing and I with my finger in the air "Isa?" He asks and I give a thumbs up, pointing to him "Isa me?" He asks very confused and I refrain from laughing, pointing at him again "my name?" He asks and I raise a thumbs up again with a bright smile on my face "my name is Yingjie" he says and my eyes widen. I couldn't have been so wrong. Jerry isn't even close to Jerry!

I give Jer- Yingjie a thumbs up and a smile, liking the name. He smiles back and we continue walking around the gardens when we reach the pond. I notice Mai and Ty Lee sitting by the pond and I was about to turn and walk away when Yingjie places an arm on my shoulder "you should try talki- I mean sitting with them, Zuko shouldn't be your only friend in this big place" he says and I point to him, which just makes his roll his eyes. I grin, walking towards the girls and waving.

"Oh! His Isa!" Ty Lee smiles getting up "are you ok? I heard that you were hurt?" She asks and I turn to Yingjie.

"She isn't allowed to speak for a few more days" he explains and Ty Lee frowns, before bringing a bright smile to her face.

"That's ok! You can still sit with us, Mai doesn't talk much anyways" she shrugs and Mai sighs, moving over and making room for Ty Lee and I to sit.

"How are you feeling?" I hear Mai ask and I look at her startled. She called me a whore last week and now she's asking me if I'm ok? I give her a thumbs up and she nods, staring down at the grass before looking up at me "I'm sorry I called you a whore" she mumbles and I smile, happy that she apologized and doesn't seem to hate me as much. She notices my smile and gives me a nod of recognition. Maybe we can be friends after all.

We spend the rest of the afternoon feeding the turtle ducks, and playing a game of charades, over all having a nice time, a great one even.

————————————//———————————
Hey guys!
Thank you so much for the reads and support!
Have a wonderful week and stay safe! 🌞🌻🌼