𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

╭─────────────────╮

𝐌𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫

╰─────────────────╯

●SHE HATED HIS GAZE WITH A BURNING PASSION...

How his eyes would only stare at her with hatred and hostility. Sometimes she had been left to wonder if that had even been her father. Surely, if someone worked so hard to conceive a child they would be nothing but loving to that baby. Giving it everything and anything it wanted to make their little heart happy.

But it had been different for her...for her family. She wasn't treated with love or endearment but instead with animosity and detestation. It was something that she was all too familiar with. Every cuss and curse that left their mouth had been directed straight to her, and she could do nothing about it.

"You are a whore's child"

Was commonly used to describe her all through the town. The many faces that she would see soon become blurred and blocked out. Reality had been morphed into her own with every passing day that went by.

"Deformed and unwanted, that's what you are"

Her father's words would be the only things to rip through the barrier she had set up for herself. The only thing that had been keeping her heart somewhat unbroken. The man she had loved the most, despite everything he'd ever done, still continued to despise her.

'It isn't your fault'

Soft voices would echo into her ear, trying to console her in any way possible. They weren't wrong either, nothing that had happened had been her fault, despite everyone around her saying otherwise.

"What do you want monster"

"Hungry"

No matter how many times she would hand the paper over to her father she only ever got the same response. His finger nails digging into her own as he grabbed the paper, ripping it into thousands of pieces in front of her eyes.

"If you want something you need to say it"

Her hands would always come back to her heart. Almost as if she had been trying to hug the only thing keeping her alive. To comfort what could never be comforted by any other person. Her father knew his task for her wasn't possible, but that would never stop him from saying it.

Tears would flow down her face, paler than normal from the sickness she kept getting. She had been bringing it onto herself, having to scavenge around for food, no doubt getting all kinds of bacteria inside of her body by the dirtied food.

"That's right...you can't"

The bone chilling laugh would never fail to make the girl scurry away before he got more upset. He had always had a temper, and she was no exception to his actions after he got riled up. The only person being able to get away from them being her brother.

He, unlike her, was able to speak his mind. His voice had made other women in the town swoon and cry at the simple words he would say. But he too was like her father in a way, because like her father he wouldn't spare her any mind.

She felt as if she didn't exist, and if she did it was to be tormented by harsh words and slurs. The books she'd read would convey to her what a loving family was. It would make her crave so desperately for someone to come and whisk her away. To bring her to a better place with an even better tomorrow.

Even without a word the emotions in her eyes had spoken loud and clear about what she had truly wanted. And her fate became sealed when her own sparkling [e/c] hues met with the blood red of a demon.

― 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄  𝐄𝐍𝐃