After: 3

A/N New chapter as promised! Some of you will noticed that I kind of, sort of, maybe, took this off hold... I will be trying to post more often! The sudden reads I'm getting on the First Bodyguard has inspired me to finish the book! But this will be the last book I post on this account :( I will be writing this AND rewriting the first bodyguard (which will be posted on my new account) so please follow @ InTheClouds1020! I hope you will give the new version a try, things WILL BE DIFFERENT... but change is good ;D 

Anyways I'll stop talking.... typing (?) 

*unedited* 

*dedications made to fans who were asking for updates, no matter how long ago! :) 

After: 3: Jasper

I leaned my head against the cold metal doors. The loud clicking rang against my ears as it sealed me away from whatever was happening outside. From Melody. I gave up pounding and screaming for Agent Carter to come back when I started leaving blood on the door. It felt like we were here for hours. Hours and hours of not knowing what was happening. But per protocol, we were to remain in the bunker until the White House was secure. 

The Bunker's official name was the Presidential Emergency Operations Center, but that just a mouth full. We were here with two military guards, and if this was a national attack, the room would be filled with all types of important people. But today, it was just me and my dad. Turning around, I faced the President, who was sitting with his head in his hands, crying. In the last year and a half, my dad lost his best friend, survived three assassination attempts and almost lost me. Now. Now he lost the second love of his life. 

I didn't know what to say. I'm sorry just didn't seem like enough.

"You don't really think she did it, do you?" I forced myself to ask him. I needed to know. I needed to know what was going through his mind because I couldn't believe I was the only one who thought this whole thing was wrong. 

President Cross looked up at me with swollen red eyes. He stared at me with pain and hurt in his eyes and my throat started to hurt. Last time I saw my dad like this was when my mother died.

There was a click at the door and Agent Vega stepped inside. "We've cleared the Castle," he said. He looked tired. Old. Sad. "You guys can come out."

"I want to see her," I said, quickly. "I want to hear what's going on in that interrogation." But he shook his head.

"I think you should both get some rest-"

"No," my dad interrupted. He stood up and fixed his tie. "You're going to take us to the in interrogation room, Agent Vega. Now." Agent Vega looked slightly pale at the sound of my dad's voice but nodded.

We followed him in silence. I could tell everyone was tensed, worried and shocked at what just happened. A million things were running through my head too. My step mother was dead. Melissa was shot in the oval office and my girlfriend- my ex girlfriend is the prime suspect. But no matter how this looked, Melody Edwin would not have killed the First Lady. No where in my mind does that make sense.

She couldn't have done this. She wouldn't have.

When we entered the room, Mel's exhausted voice rang through the room. Through the mirror, I saw that she had changed. She was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt that I strongly suspected were Michael's. Her face was covered in bruises and scratches and her hand was wrapped with a small circle of blood seeping through the bandages. Even though she was cleaned up, she didn't look any better than when I saw her in the office... covered in blood.

"I'm telling you," she begged. Crying. Confused. Alone. "I don't remember what happened the last 24 hours!"

"Okay Melody, just calm down," Agent Carter said. Dylan was there too, but he stood in the corner. I had a feeling this isn't a partner interrogation. "What is the last thing you remember?"