x 01 ~ pretty eyes || momo

A pair of pretty, heterochromatic eyes fixed themselves on Momo's every movement as she fanned her cards out in front of her contemplatively. She risked a glance upward at the handsome boy in front of her, locking their eyes intensely.

"Something you want to say?" Her risk had been poorly thought out as she felt a bright red blush of embarrassment pool on her already rosy cheeks. He had caught her staring, something Momo was deathly afraid of happening to her. She was supposed to have the manners of a saint and she was pretty sure that didn't fit in.

"You have very pretty eyes," She found herself saying before she could stop herself. She knew that would elicit some kind of comment but the words had come tumbling off the top of her tongue before she had even realized she was saying them. She could feel herself falling in love with this man she hadn't even known for an hour. His gentle yet strong features, his softly slanted lips and beautiful eyes and strong jawline and even the scar over his left eyes all came together to make...perfection.

His response was in the form of a smirk that got his features stunningly well. Not even a simple thank you. She frowned and hid her face behind her five cards. She had a blue seven, a green one, a yellow three and a yellow two and...a draw four. Now that could come in handy for revenge purposes.

Maybe she could save it. Maybe it would come in handy later down the line for something much more sophisticated than revenge, but if she played her last blue card and he played a blue she'd have to use it anyway... eh, whatever, it's just Uno, right?

She placed down the draw four with a flat expression, proclaiming yellow as the next color knowing full well that he would change it on the next turn if he had the chance. She placed down her yellow three as she watched him draw four cards from the dwindling deck.

He looked displeased with his results, even if his poker face only let it be shown in his eyes. That must mean that he didn't get any yellows or threes. Which mean good news for her. Although he could always have a wild card up his sleeve.

And as it turns out, he certainly did. Placing the wild card on the top of the deck, the corners of his lips curled up slightly to form the ghost of a smirk as he declared that the next color be red. She should've known he could only be trouble.

Why he had been sneaking around in the kitchen of the girl's dorm room was beyond her, but when they had bumped into each other it was an act of fate. She had her fuzzy blanket wrapped around her shoulders and he was shirtless and breathing heavily, rummaging through the fridge, his muscular torso beaded with sweat. She had asked him why he was stealing their food and he had, on turned questioned her about why she was walking around in the middle of the night in a bra and sweatpants. She replied by blushing and going on the defensive against the very handsome man who had been bathed in the blue light of their refrigerator.

Momo didn't actually know how they ended up playing a midnight round of Uno, but here they were, sitting on Momo's bed amongst a clutter of fairy lights and throw pillows, a pile of Uno cards between the two of them. And Momo still didn't know anything about him. She didn't know his major or the first thing about his personality under all that snark and his name was completely lost on her. But this was still the most interesting thing to do under the veil of night.

Momo reluctantly drew a card which actually turned out much in her favor, as she suddenly found herself in possession of another draw four. She smiled in a satisfied way to herself, seeing this as the perfect opportunity to extort some information out of him.

"Tell me why you asked me to play Uno with you and you won't draw four," She held the card against her full lips, a smirk edging at her features and threatening to spill over. He just sighed and gave her a tight-lipped smile before he plucked the card from her hand and placed it on the deck, drawing four with his other hand.

She furrowed her eyebrows and tucked her bottom lip between her teeth in a frustrated pout. Dammit. She really thought that would work. Either way she wanted info from this guy and even if he didn't want to give it to her, she was going to get it.

"What's your name?" She asked as he contemplated his next move, tapping his chin thoughtfully and raising one eyebrow without looking at her. He just gave her a smile as if to say, 'seriously?'

"That's a secret," he said into the virtual silence. The only thing that broke the silence was the endless loops of random Macklemore songs that all faded into one in the background.

"C'mon! You've gotta give me something. You can't just randomly show up and ask me to play Uno. For all I know you could be a serial killer," She raised both eyebrows at him as he smiled and said,

"Sure, but you still said yes," His wry smirk traveled through his voice and bubbled around her ears as she frowned at his quite sound logic. She hated that he was right about her. She had said yes because she was so eager not to be alone, even if it was just for one surreal night. But that didn't mean she had to like that he was right.

He was looking her expectantly as if he were waiting for something from her and she furrowed her eyebrows at him in confusion. "What's the color?" We're his only words.

"Oh!" She has completely forgotten about the game while getting lost amongst the mystery of his psyche. "Uh..." She glanced at her cards which consisted of a yellow, a green, and a blue. She didn't really have much to lose here, so she went with blue. "Uh...blue."

"Oh, good," He smiled in a cheeky satisfied way as she placed down her blue seven and, coincidentally enough (and conveniently enough) for her, he placed down a blue two. She returned his smile with vigor and the corners of her mouth pulled upwards as she gently dropped her yellow two on the pile, eliciting a groan of defeat as she fixed her eyes on him. She grinned and ran her fingers through her silky black hair before releasing a happy giggle and saying,

"Uno, Pretty Eyes."

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩

a/n ~ thank you for reading and sorry about any typos. I did this on my phone.

word count: 1143