x 23 ~ walk with me || momo

Momo remembered vividly how she had ended up standing on the beach in a pair of shorts and a two-piece swimsuit. She hadn't wanted to be there in the first place. And yet she was. Why? Becuase she felt bad that her friend still felt bad for setting up her and her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her- You know what, it was just very complicated. But it still didn't mean that Momo had to like being there.

-

(Four hours earlier)

"Let me make it up to you!" Mina begged Momo as she hugged her friend around the waist tightly, squishing her cheek into Momo's side like a child. It was obvious her bubblegum friend felt deeply responsible and undeniably guilty for accidentally setting Momo up with the ex-boyfriend/unredeemable douchebag that chested on her in high school. It was obvious because even after Momo had forgiven her three times (that day) she still insisted on apologizing to the raven-haired girl and was now trying to drag her to a beach party. "Pleeeeease. Please. Please! Please-"

"Mina, why do you care if i go anyway?" Momo had the patience of a saint which is why she was putting up with Mina practically squeezing the life out of her while she begged her to go to a party (parties were not Momo's thing and she hated being in large groups of people). Momo just looked to Jirou and Camie, who offered the poor girl no help considering they were also going and they needed someone to be the designated driver after they all got shitfaced. Momo rolled her eyes annoyedly as Mina started up with the begging again.

"PLEAS-" She already knew when the pink-haired girl gave her those puppy-dog eyes that she would be going anyway, so keeping up this argument was pointless.

"Fine!"

-

Momo felt Kendo suddenly yank on her wrist, snapping her from the fateful moment that she gave in to going to this thing. She jolted forward, spilling her water and accidentally dropping her plastic cup onto the soft golden hand as the flame-haired girl pulled her forward toward the water with surprising strength. Momo knew Kendou worked out, but she never expected her to have the grip of a vice.

"Kendo, my cup! That's litter-"

"Relax!" Kendo laughed. "Tetsu can you get that pleeease?" She batted her long lashes at her boyfriend who huffed at having to pick up a plastic cup and relocate it in the recycling can five feet away. Nevertheless, though, he did it, effectively dooming any chance Momo had to get out of being forced into the water.

At one point in her life, Momo had been the best on her high school swimming team, but she had since abandoned the sport for things like studying and academics. She almost took an athletic scholarship to the school instead of an academic one, but her ultimate goal was to graduate with honors and she didn't intend on making a career out of swimming anyway. This, of course, didn't really matter to Kendo, who just wanted her friend to loosen up a bit.

She was aggressively pushed face-first into the sea by the combined force of a shove from both Kendo and Camie and a mixed sensation came over her. Mixed because the salty water stung her eyes, but also because she felt at home. It had been a long time since she had even stepped into a pool, but it was like riding a bike. You never forgot once you learned. She was in her element and it felt strangely relaxing to be in the sea again.

In the water, everything was simple. You swim, you breathe, you swim some more. That was all you had to do when you were in the water. There were no troubles, no stresses, no distant parents or dead sisters. Just you and the sound of the ocean. Momo appreciated its simplicity.

She pushed herself to the surface of the water, however, not wanting to swim at the moment. At the moment she wanted to think and she didn't want to get mobbed by a bunch of her friend's friends who she didn't know and didn't care to know. She wanted to be left alone until she was able to slip away without anyone noticing.

Standing at the edge of the water and advancing on the two girls, she fixed her expression to the point where it was dripping with both water and sarcasm as she said, "I don't want to swim." Her hair was wet and dripping over her shoulders in silky black waterfalls and her dark eyelashes were stuck to one another, making it look like she was wearing mascara.

"But this is a beach party. And plus, you look hot, there are a lot of cute guys here," Kendo raised her eyebrows suggestively and Camie nodded along with her as they both aggressively ignored Momo's expression that screamed, "I don't want to be here."

"I don't want to meet a guy, Kendo, and all the ones I know here have someone already," She didn't know if that was true or not, but she was just looking for a quick out. Plus, they all knew Momo hated meeting people because she thought she was terribly socially awkward.

"That's not true!" Kendo defended, scanning the area before her eyes landed on a familiar group of guys that made Momo suck in a deep breath. Oh god. If they were here. Did that mean he was here? Did that mean he would be seeing her in a fucking swimsuit? That couldn't happen. She would die of embarrassment. It was already bad enough that MIna had shoved her into such a revealing bathing suit. "Look, Katsuki is single-"

"Actually, fam, he's, like, kinda not," Camie shook her head. She and Mina were always caught up on everyone's personal gossip. No matter how obscure the romantic connection, they probably knew about it. And even though they were perfectly capable of keeping secrets, if someone they trusted asked about it, they would happily spill their guts. Camie nudged her head in the direction of Kirishima.

"Ohhh, so that's why they asked to be roommates..." Kendo raised her eyebrows and nodded with interest. "Or do you think it happened because they're roommates?" Momo used this as her chance to slip out because Kendo and Camie could go all night theorizing. Plus, Momo would never date someone like Bakugou anyways. He was just too angry all the time.

She breathed a sigh of relief as she managed to duck away from her friends. She guessed that by the time they actually noticed she was gone, they wouldn't bother searching for her anyway. Momo barely participated in parties they dragged her to becuase she found social interaction with people she didn't know to be stressful and she only ever drank to get drunk because most drinks just tasted like someone had lit rubbing alcohol on fire to her.

However, her relief was short-lived because she suddenly ran into the hard, muscled chest. She stumbled back a step, the apologies that had been ingrained in her since birth already spilling from her tongue as she looked down in embarrassment. God, she knew she was clumsy but could she not see an actual person standing two feet in front of her?

It was only when the man said, "Hey, Princess. I never thought you'd be here," did her jaw drop slightly in shock and her eyes widened in panic. Oh god. It was like accidentally bumping into your crush in the hallway because you weren't looking where you were going except it was ten times worse because she was in a glorified bra and he was completely shirtless and he had a lot of muscles and now she was blushing becuase he was really hot. And when she looked up at him he was smiling at her with that charming smirk that fit his face so well.

"Why are you here?" It was a dumb question because she had quite clearly seen his group of friends drinking beer like twenty feet away, but it rolled off her tongue and made her look at least semi-casual despite the fact that her heart was beating a million times a minute.

"Becuase Izuku's girlfriend asked him to come and he dragged us here," He gave her a lazy smile as his heterochromatic eyes landed on his green-haired friend. "Plus, there are hot girls and there's a fuckton of booze so," he opened his hands and shrugged as if to say, 'why not?'

"I see," She nodded, folding her arms across her chest with a sarcastic smile, getting more comfortable in his presence after the initial embarrassment of him seeing her so exposed had faded. "So you're here for a fuck buddy then," This pulled a lovely laugh from his perfect lips and an odd sense of satisfaction ran through her just from knowing she could make him smile like that. He just fixed his multicolored eyes on her as he said,

"Walk with me, Princess."

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

a/n ~ thanks for reading! btw this is the first of a two part chapter but i couldn't decide on a good title for both so they have different ones.

word count: 1517