x 05 ~ let's make a deal || todoroki

"Hello, Shouto Todoroki," Was not the first thing Todoroki was expecting to hear when he reappeared at the enchanting girl's dorm the next night. But when the words fell from her perfect, kissable lips, he was beyond stunned. Like a deer in headlights, all he could managed to do was stare at her and raise his eyebrows as his lips parted gently in shock.

He was usually so self-assured around women with a confidence that bordered in cockiness, but she somehow seemed to cut that right down the middle with just her knowing smile. He almost choked on air before he quickly regained his composure.

"So, you know my name now," He said calmly, pressing his lips into a smirk that thinly veiled his surprise. He thought he had actually found someone who didn't know who he was, but yet she too managed to figure him out faster than he expected.

"I know girl who knows everyone," She shook her head with a slight giggle at his shocked reaction and ran a hand through her silky raven hair. He tried not to stare at her when she turned around, but it was hard considering how beautiful she was with her hair down. He hadn't seen her without her ponytail before but he didn't mind if she left it down because she looked... He distracted himself with examining her room, something he hadn't taken the time to do before.

"I see. What else did this, "girl who knows everyone" tell you about me?" He questioned her as he ran his fingers over the many books that lay on her desk. Most were related to some kind of research or scientific topic, but there were a few just-for-fun books scattered in there.

"Well, don't take it personally but she called you a soulless dick..." Momo sat cross-legged on her fluffy rug as she meticulously setting up Uno. Seven cards for her, seven for him. "But, you don't seem all that bad to me." She popped her words as she finished the set up before she looked up at him with those gorgeous black eyes and gestured across from her.

"You wouldn't be saying that if you knew me," He said on what was almost a sigh as he sat down in front of her cross-legged, mimicking her position. Her delicate features twisted into the most adorable expression of confusion at his words.

"And why's that?"

"You're so...innocent," He narrowed his eyes at her, as he spoke, as if searching his brain for the right words. "You know nothing about me, a total stranger who you let into your dorm room on a regular basis. She's right about me, you're just too trusting to see it."

He shut his mouth almost as soon as he said it, realizing just how insulting he sounded but she didn't seem at all offended. She just looked up and to the left as she tapped her chin thoughtfully and pushed out her bottom lip in contemplation.

"You're lying to me," She stated factually as she placed down the first card of their game, a green one. He just tried not to look shocked at her words. No one ever treated Todoroki the way she had. She didn't treat him like he was some prize to be won or like he was someone to be tiptoed around. She just treated him like he was human. It was quite refreshing.

"I am?" He placed down a green four and she retaliated with a red four, eliciting a mere nod from the dual-eyed boy. He threw a wild card on the pile before declaring the new color yellow.

"Yes. A man with an ego as big as yours would never just give in to an insult like that," She tried to keep her expression steady so as not to let him know that he had just played right into her hands. A yellow skip was her next card which led to her placing down a red skip which in turn led to a red one.

"You done?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as she nodded. He didn't wait for her verbal answer before placed down the handy little draw four he'd been storing for such an occasion as this one. She closed her eyes in a silent sigh and delicately drew four cards. "Blue. Anyway, you may be a psychology student, Princess, but I'm willing to bet that you're going to be wrong about everything you think you know about me."

His smirk was annoying smug as he placed down a blue seven down on the top of the pile. She decided she would push him just a little further tonight. She would normally be very conservative with how far she went to get information out of him, but she wasn't in the mood for his evasion of her questions tonight.

"Alright, then, if I'm so misinformed about you, please, enlighten me." She smiled angelically softly as she placed a blue four down on the ever-growing pile of Uno cards between them. He just released an easy chuckle that he could tell subtly annoyed her just by her expression.

"Well, my answer is no, but I'm feeling generous tonight. So, let's make a deal," A wry smirk caught his lips as he put down a blue three. He had three cards left in his hand, so hopefully he wasn't underestimating her ability to strategize. "If you win, you can ask me any question you want and I have to answer it. But, if I win, you have to answer any question I ask."

He could see her pondering this proposition with grace and he could've looked all night. The way her full lips shifted back and forth as she thought and how her tongue sometimes peeled between them to wet them...Stop. Looking at her lips, stop it Shouto. He commanded himself silently and forced his eyes pretty much anywhere else.

At first, he thought she might not even answer and momentarily he actually worried that he'd scared her off, but before either of them had realized just how much time had passed, she smiled at him in that adorable way and said,

"Okay, you have a deal."

̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

a/n ~ sorry for not updating last night. I fell asleep watching a horror movie last night and totally forgot. also I'm sorry for any typos because i did this on my phone. thanks for reading!

word count: 1044