x 09 ~ i'm not cute || todoroki

"Dude, from a purely unbiased bisexual standpoint, you look cute," Kirishima was sprawled across his bed in his and Bakugou's dorm room, watching with rapt attention as his little sister proceeded to give Todoroki a makeover. No one would ever think Shouto Todoroki to be the kind to like children. He had never wanted them and he actually found them to be quite the nuisance on many occasions. But, that being said, he did harbor a certain soft spot for the tiny creatures.

It wasn't that he thought they were adorable like most people, or that he enjoyed spending even a modicum of time around them, but he admired their innocence. He thought of them as yet to be tainted by the world. And that was the only reason he was sitting still while a seven-year-old named Millie covered his face in puffy stickers, glitter, and bandaids that served no purpose other than to make him itch. She was busy putting any number of clips in Todoroki's hair when Bakugou decided to share his part on the matter.

"If it makes you feel any better I think you look like a dumbass," He muttered absentmindedly as he scrolled through his phone. Bakugou didn't believe in censoring things for the children because what was the point? They were gonna learn it anyway. But Kirishima and Midoriya had a different stance on the issue and both half-yelled in unison, "Katsuki, language!"

"WHAT?! ASS IS BARELY A SWEAR WORD!" Todoroki just rolled his eyes at Bakugou's outburst as Millie drew a heart on his face in bright pink lipstick that Todoroki was pretty sure wasn't washing off any time soon. He sighed as she held up a mirror rimmed in pink plastic and said, "Look I made you pretty!" He looked like a fucking anime character. But he didn't voice this opinion to the gap-toothed girl and instead said,

"Wow, I've always wanted freckles made of puffy stickers." This elicited a giggle of joy from the child who proceeded to run to Midoriya and tell him all about Todoroki's rave review of her work as Kirishima and Bakugou argued in the background and Kaminari got completely ignored. Children seemed to take quite the liking to Todoroki, even if he did nothing in particular to deserve their love.

"I'm just telling you not to swear in front of my sister dude! Is that too much to ask for?!" Kirishima was raising his voice at Bakugou now as Millie ran back over and tackled Todoroki in a hug. It was obvious that she didn't like it when her older brother yelled by the way she buried herself in Todoroki's chest, but Bakugou and Kirishima were too deep into it to go back.

"With me? Hell yeah!" Bakugou growled gruffly. He was now standing up on his bed as if he were standing on top of the world. "Look, some asshat in a leather jacket with a motorcycle is probably gonna teach it to her anyway, might as well get the hard part over with!" Todoroki sensed that Bakugou was totally missing the point, but he kept his mouth shut because Millie was currently trying to apply the aforementioned bright pink lipstick to his actual lips and that? That couldn't happen.

"Oh no no, I don't think we're going to do that..." Todoroki tried gently removing the lipstick from the girl's tiny hands, but she had a death-grip on the thing which meant that he was forced to drag Kirishima from his argument. He was really the only one Millie would listen to on a regular basis. "Ejirou," He whispered lowly as Millie smushed her tiny face into his hand in an attempt to reach him. "Ejirou," He said more sternly, but Kirishima wasn't listening. "Ejirou Kirishima!" He half-yelled, gaining the redhead's attention.

Reluctantly, Kirishima pulled his attention away from his angry roommate just long enough to see Todoroki leaning back on one hand while a seven-year-old with lipstick pushed against his hand like a crazed zombie. Kirishima just sighed as he picked up his little sister. "Oh god, Millie, we've talked about this."

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Todoroki hadn't bothered trying to take off the stickers or the bandaids during the day because they had basically become fused to his skin. He had just left them in hopes that they'd just fall off on their own eventually, regretting his decision to let Millie ruin his face in the first place. And by the end of the day he'd just completely forgotten they were there. Some people laughed, but most people just thought he looked adorable, which, to say the least, made him want to put his fist through a wall. He wasn't cute.

But, Momo begged to differ. It had been about a week since she'd gotten absolutely plastered and insisted he literally sleep in her bed and she hadn't mentioned it, so he figured she had just forgotten about it. In fact, he hoped she had forgotten about it, becuase then she wouldn't be under any illusion that Todoroki was that kind of guy. In other words, the kind of guy who could have functioning, lasting relationships.

When he opened the door to Momo's dorm room, he was surprised to see that she was almost done setting up already, almost as if she'd predicted him coming. He didn't visit her every day. Sometimes three times a week, sometimes five, but he couldn't manage it every day because...life. He would if he could. But even despite how often he visited her, they never ran out of things to talk about.

When she looked up at him, her beautiful face broke into a gorgeous smile that spread across her full lips and reached her midnight eyes in genuine joy. He had never seen someone with such a perfect smile before. And the best part was that she'd smile for no reason at all, just when she was content, or happy. Which meant he go to see it all the time. How lucky had he gotten to run into her of all people at midnight in her dorm room?

He knew her smile this time was because of the stickers framing his face and the clips in his hair and the bandaids stuck haphazardly to his face and doing little to actually help him much. And she only confirmed it when she said, "Who did that to you? You look cute!"

This would've normally set him off like a bomb, but this time he didn't correct her. He found that he didn't mind being cute for her.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

a/n ~ thanks for reading and I'm so sorry I didn't update yesterday!

word count: 1101