x 32 ~ what she felt pt. 2 || momo + todoroki

It was two in the morning when Momo got back to her apartment, and the questions from the police were considered quick, appearently, not that Momo had ever had any sort of run-in with the law before. It was pretty open and shut considering the guys who hurt her were utterly incapacitated and Todoroki was a witness to...what happened.

In the end, Todoroki and Mina didn't have to spend the night in a cell because there were a bunch of witnesses (compelled by Bakugou witnesses) that said Mina and the dual-haired boy were acting purely in defense of the raven-haired girl. It was pretty much true. Although, Mina might have been in a spot of trouble if she had beaten the guy up anymore. They, of course, had to check Momo for injuries and ask her about what exactly happened, forcing her to recount the whole troubling thing in detail, but Momo was able to get through it without completely breaking down in front of a bunch of strangers.

Mainly, she was just glad it was over. She was just glad that she was back in her own dorm room. Glad she was safe. Glad she would be able to lock her doors. Glad she woud be able to sleep.

When she entered her apartment, she flipped on a single light, bathing the small room in a dim yet comforting glow and highlighting the soft edges of almost everything in her room. It was peaceful and warm. And it was only made warmer when Todoroki stepped into the room, his expression still tainted with concern despite some of it having dissipated now that he knew she was out of imminent danger.

Her eyes fell on him and he softened his expression because he knew that the last thing she needed right now was someone who looked like they were constantly worried about her. Truthfully, he was, but he knew she needed calm. She needed comfort. She just looked at him with something between need and sadness, like she was begging him to give her something, he just didn't know what it was.

He had offered to walk her home and the only reason Mina had even agreed to let Todoroki walk her home was because the pink-haired girl was still getting her knuckles patched up when they said Momo could go home and Mina didn't want to hold her up. Momo needed to rest. Todoroki didn't mind. He didn't mind because he hid his knuckles in his jean pockets. He didn't need to get all patched up because he wasn't in pain. He didn't need anything but for Momo to be okay.

However, he figured he shouldn't stay because Momo had already had a rough night as it was and she didn't need... He just shouldn't be there. He just sighed and rubbed the back of his head almost shyly as she methodically set her stuff to the side, leaving her in only a tank top and skirt. Normally, Todoroki would totally be staring at her butt right now, but all he could see were the bruises that ringed around her thighs, twisting his heart painfully in his chest.

She turned to him with a sad smile when he said, "I should probably go now-" But her smile just turned to the ground her eyes looking up to meet his heterochromatic gaze, causing his breath to hitch in his chest. He hated himself for thinking that she looked beautiful right now. He shouldn't be thinking that. He should be thinking about the assholes that hurt her. He should be thinking about the bruises on her legs. But all he could think about was wrapping her in his arms and never letting her get hurt again.

"No. Stay here," She grabbed his hand before he had a chance to react, lacing her fingers with his and pulling him to her, wrapping her arms around him without a hint of bashfulness and buried her face in his muscular chest. She promised herself she wouldn't cry, so instead, she just gripped him tighter to keep the tears at bay. She felt like she could finally breath again as she was encircled by his strong arms, one wrapped around her waist, the other entangling his hand in her silky hair.

She was so warm and she was holding him like he was the only thing that was grounding her at the moment, because he was. His warm fingers rubbing small circles at the nape of her neck and pressing her ever closer to him was the only thing that erased the stoning pain of purple-black bruises. If he hadn't been there, her mind would've convinced her that this was her fault, her kind would've pushed all the pain of her past back to her. But she wasn't alone and he was there with her. He was there. She whispered something incoherent and sleepy against his collarbone, her soft lips creating knots in his stomach and forcing a bright blush across his high cheekbones.

He could feel her drifting off. It was only natural after the night she'd had. If something like this had happened to him he would be out for twelve hours. In fact, he was actually surprised she hadn't fallen asleep earlier. She was obviously dreadfully tired, but every time he told her that she could sleep and he would carry her home (which he was perfectly capable of doing), she insisted that she could stay awake until they got home. Well, home for her. Second home for him.

And he didn't need her to tell him that she was most comfortable wrapped in his arms. She told him that by snuggling into his arms as he laid them down on the bed. She was soft with him, burying her face in the crook of his neck and muttering small words of praise to him, thanking him for saving her, for staying, for holding her. He was sure that she wasn't completely aware of what she was dying because drowsiness began to take over her words, but she said them nonetheless, whispering them into the silence of the night.

When she finally let her eyes flutter closed, he found that her hands wandered, but not in the way that was problematic, in a sweet, gentle way. In a way that was classically Momo. Her delicate fingers felt his lips and traced along his jawline and arms, following the line of his forearms as they wrapped around her waist, as if making sure he was still there with her, her inhibitions gone.

And when she was just at the brink of sleep, he even felt her place the softest of kisses to his bottom of his jawline causing his heart to skip a beat in his chest just before she fell asleep on his shoulder.