x 34 ~ he said what!? || momo

"HE SAID WHAT!?" Mina almost flipped the table as Momo recounted with as little detail as possible the events of the previous night to her friends who were sitting in Mina's apartment. It was actually pretty big because her family hella loaded. Not give-you-an-actual-diamond-tiara-for-no-reason loaded, but we-say-we're-"comfortable"-but-we-live-in-beyoncé's-mansion loaded. "Momo, people don't kind of love people." Momo's exact words had been, "And then I think he kind of said he loved me."

"See Mo-bae, people fall in love with you just by like, looking at your fine ass," Both Mina and Camie had all but given up on studying with Mina being far more interested in Momo's love life and Camie doodling over the important parts of her textbook. Ochako, however, was still studying diligently up until Momo mentioned that fun little fact, and Jirou was about ready to explode with rage.

"Momo, be fucking careful, you hear me," Jirou growled. In her quest to protect Momo from the infamous man-whore heartbreaker that about a million girls had found themselves crying over, she was actually coming across as quite threatening. "He can say I love you until the sun blows up but that man is a loveless bastard and there are a lot of people who can back that up." She wasn't wrong about the last part, but Momo frowned, her eyebrows scrunching up as she called he man she secretly loved a 'loveless bastard.'

"He's not some sort of criminal, Kyoka. He's...actually sweet and kind and he's gentle with me-"

"How!? Gentle with you how?! I swear to god if he touch-"

"Koyka we're not having sex if that's what you're thinking!" Momo tried her best not to snap because she knew that Jirou was just looking out for her, but at the same time, Momo didn't know how much clearer she could make this. She had emphasized a thousand times that they were just friends (Mina didn't believe this, of course) and it was only now that there was even the hint of a romantic relationship. Well, hint...I love you...same difference, right?

"Well, I think you should talk to him about it," Ochako chimed in an attempt to soothe the rising anger of Jirou. With the hothead and overprotective girl, things tended to get out of hand quickly. Thank god she hadn't been there for... Just basically she would've gone to jail for murder and Momo didn't have enough money to bail her out. "I rememer when Izuku told me he loved me we had a really long conversation about it. He was so cute and shy and he kept playing with his hair-" 

"Yuck. You guys are so cute and perfect it's disgusting," Jirou grumbled out with a gravelly voice and mock disgust. She was right. On some level, all the girls had been jealous of Ochako and Izuku's relationship at one point because Jirou was correct. They were near perfect. they'd been dating since their freshman year of college and so far they'd only had two major arguments which they actually talked out like adults??? Needless to say, as far as love lives went, the other girls didn't even come close to that level of stability. 

Momo hadn't even had an actual boyfriend since Awase, just a bunch of dates with nameless guys that all blurred into one, and Jirou had been on and off with Kaminari until their eventual breakup becuase he flirted with anything that moved. Some considered Camie to be the female equivalent of Todoroki, except that she actually entered relationships instead of telling guys to leave their feelings at the door, and though Mina gave love advice to anyone that would take it, her own personal relationships were still shrouded in mystery. 

Thus, Ochako was perfect. 

"You're just jealous because you haven't found a guy that even comes close to being good enough for you," Ochako pushed her round reading glasses up her rosy button nose and continued to go over the material she was studying. Jirou scrunched up her eyebrows contemplatively as she asked, 

"Was that compliment or an insult?" 

"That was a 'stop wasting your time on assholes,'" Was Ochako's quick reply. Momo and the rest of the girls nodded to that one. Jirou was infamous for being able to pick the jerks out of a group of perfectly nice guys. She once had a boyfriend who used her as a status symbol because he didn't want people to think (know) he was gay. And another guy broke up with her because "he needed to move on with his life" which was actually code for "I'm screwing the barista at Starbucks and this is the best I could come up with." 

"If I wanted to date a nice guy, I could," Jirou clapped back angrily. Despite the fact that hse had only had one functional relationship in her entire dating history, she was still convinced that she "wasn't that bad at choosing dudes" which they all knew was a fat lie. 

"Maybe we should actually focus on studying?" Kendo rolled her eyes at the conversation at hand. As someone who was currently without any sort of love interest, her main focus was on trying to not fail physics, her worst subject. It wasn't that she wasn't perfectly smart, but every time she had to attend a lecture about it, her brain coudln't seem to hold onto reality and she ended up wandering off into a daydream that was far more interesting. 

"But my brain is fried," Mina whined, throwing herself over the table dramatically and placing the back of her and on her forehead with an exasperated sigh. It was a wonder this girl managed to maintain an A-minus average with her studying habits (which were basically just her staying up till four to cram for a test the night before she took it). Often times she would get to class running on two hours of sleep and still manage to get an A on any test before passing out at one of her friend's places. 

"All our brains are fried, Mina, it's one in the morning. But school is still important," Momo reminded her tiredly. It was a little off-putting just how much of her thought process Shouto Todoroki took up. She was still doing just fine in her classes, but it would be a cold day in hell when she let her grades start slipping because of a boy. "You do want to become a lawyer, right?" Momo rubbed her temples. 

"Yes, but I don't wanna talk about that right now!" She whined. 

"Then what do you want to talk about?" Momo closed her book, realizing that they had likely gone past the point of no return on actually studying. The only person who was actually putting any effort into it was Kendou and the flame-haired girl was struggling just to keep her eyes open. They had been there already for three hours and with the introduction of Momo's interesting night, a focus had been lost. She knew she should've ust kept her mouth shut because Mina perked up at her open ended invitation to talk about anything other than schoolwork. The raven-haired girl didn't need what Mina said next to know the answer to her question.

"I think you know what I want to talk about." 

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

a/n ~ lmao sorry this chapter kinda sucked i got, like, two hours of sleep last night. thanks for reading.

word count: 1217