Part 2

There were always tiny, fingernail size gems in the pouch and odd bits of gold that seemed to have been removed from somewhere. From Claude's point of view, they were destitute things that no one would have, no matter who gave it to them.

The intruder seemed to have not even noticed that the pouch they had buried in the soil were no longer in their original position. I wonder, you're not distressed about it intruder, are you?

Moreover, they seemed to have tried to bury the treasures with all their heart, but the finish is sloppy.

This was the case with bumpy ground that were not flattened properly, the mother-of-pearl shovel that were always hidden in the same place, and the footprints that huddled around the pouch.

Like a child playing house.

......Children?

"Your Majesty. What's wrong with you?"

Claude's steps stopped at the sudden flash of thought. It seemed as if something came in to mind again, but soon it sank quietly to the bottom.

Do you know what you're asking behind the scenes? A moment later, Claude replied briefly to Felix.

"Nothing."

I didn't want to dig it out. I didn't want to think about anything, everything was annoying.

"I found pouches on the emperor's office for the first time. What the hell was it?”

Then, asked Felix, who was walking behind Claude, wondering.

"I found the pouch very cute, just like that of a little baby's I saw at my aunt's house when I was young. The design on the outside was a flower with a white petal with a yellow center, right?”

"Was that a flower?"

"Wasn't it?"

"I thought it was an egg."

This time, instead of moving to where Claude is heading, Felix stopped.

"Your Majesty...... was there a person who embroiders an egg on their pouch?"

But already, Claude was walking as far ahead as where he was, so Felix gave up pointing that out and just walked behind Claude.

"It must have found the wrong nest."

Claude said, recalling the twinkling things in the pouch. But unable to see the contents of the pouch, Felix tilted his head suspiciously at his words.

Oh, are you just bored again?

Claude's steps were directed toward the South Gate, not the preface he normally used.

For a few days the unexpected emergency seemed a little interesting, but it also became annoying.

"Your Majesty, in front of...."

"I know."

At first, I was just going to ignore it. But now I want to stop it.

No, is the reason really just to end it?

Isn't the true end for Claude de Alger Obelia is to completely cut off the last vestige of attention by turning a blind eye to what's in front of you?

But now, he's walking after something that feels far away.

As if something invisible was pulling at him.

Step step

And where he finally arrived, Claude met the intruder.

A bright blonde, shining white in the sun. A strangely dainty yellow flower ornament, decorating its head. The lace, which turned out to be beneath the inflated white skirt, fluttered along in an upward movement. A pinched pink ribbon was visible in front of the waist.