Part 7

However, the child spoke briskly, then slipped out her hand that had been held by Felix and hid it behind her back. Then she laughed as if to let them know she were really okay.

Neither Claude nor Felix could say anything for a moment.

It was clear that the average child would have been frightened or whining sick at the sight of a wound. This child is ill all the time, isn't she? But she acted as if it were nothing but a one time thing. Her hands are bleeding because of the skin peeling.

"Your Majesty, I'll call the court right now."

The child opened his mouth with astonishment at the successive words of Felix.

"Oh, I'm not ill at all!"

"But you need to be treated properly."

"No, it will be better if you just spit on it. So you don't have to call the doctor for Athy!"

When Claude's eyes met hers, the child insisted more fervently on her good health and stopped Felix. She somehow seemed to be trying not to bother Claude, or is it just his own delusion?

Seeing the pain in the face of Felix for the youngone, perhaps it was not an illusion.

Come to think of it, Felix and Lillian, who shares the child's daily life, once said that they sometimes worry about my child's behavior and accidents because she acts mature enough not fitting her age.

Claude also thinks that the child's behavior was not normal enough for her age. The child had a lot of sneaking around from him as if she knows that he doesn't like her.

That is what it seemed, huh? A part of my mind had a strange tingling sensation. The child faltered and closed her mouth as she frowned unknowingly at the wound.

When he saw it, Claude ordered a nearby courtier.

"Call the court right now."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Then he shifted his gaze to her again, and the child's eyes were wide open as if surprised. Claude's call for a court for her seemed to be a great surprise.

But of course, such signs were erased when she met his eyes.

"Felix, when Athanasia's treatment is over, go to the Ruby Palace. Anyway, i'm going back to the office."

After saying so, Claude left the child in the garden and stepped out from where he is first.

* * *

For a while, Claude had to live with a heavy heart. Every time he remembered what had happened in the garden, he felt strangely as if a rock had fallen inside him.

The story that Claude heard a few days later was quite surprising. It was the first time that the child got angry with Felix.

'Don't tell Papa about mother.'

'When you talk about mother, Papa hates it.'

'But what if I said I wanted to see her and Papa hated Athy?'

Were you thinking that way? Perhaps it was an adult illusion to think a child would know nothing.

It occurred to me that not long ago during the time of refreshments, I had coldly dropped Felix, who talked about Diana. Maybe she thought Claude hated Diana for what happened then.

I've been sick to death hearing the story from Felix.

"Why don't you show Princess Athanasia the image of Diana? With Your Majesty's magic it is possible."