Part 6

On that day, Claude was speechless without knowing why. There was no strange feeling in his chest.

It's the same as now. Every morning, Claude would keep his mouth shut when the child speak like she is now and stare into her face for a while.

Even more obscure was his strange behavior of repeatedly inviting the child just to hear nothing special. Claude couldn't understand himself right now.

"Athy had a dream yesterday!"

"Dream?"

"Athy, Papa, Lily, and Felix all flew up in a broom together. We picked the stars and the moon and had fun!"

"What a dream."

Even though Claude's reaction was not so good, the child didn't care. It's always the same.

"I got to play with papa and Athy was really over the clouds."

Before he knew it, Claude was smiling. I was confused because I couldn't figure out what she was talking about, and I found it interesting to see the child glistening with her eyes. On the other hand, I wondered, "Is this what children are originally like?"

In any case, it was a faint smile that came on his lips, which he did not know.

A courtier who came to pour tea into the empty cup of Claude was surprised to see him like that. The courtier quietly stepped back after paying one glance at the child, who was still lively.

The smile disappeared from Claude's lips. He then went back to his expressionless face and stared at the child as if he hadn't smiled.

I had a slight headache, perhaps because I've been having insomnia again for some time. In the meantime, I was also feeling languid as I sat still in the warm sun.

"Papa, is that good?"

A familiar scent was spreading out from the newly brewed tea of the courtier a little while ago. I drink this tea everytime, I find it like a habit.

Claude paused at the inquiring child.

"It's not about enjoying it for the taste."

Perhaps curious, the child began to insist on drinking the same tea.

"The taste might be a little strong for the princess to enjoy."

"I want it, I want the same thing!"

Felix that was next to him warned, but the child did not back down. In addition, Felix expressed his warning by exaggerating his chubby cheeks even more stubbornly.

"Give it up. If she want it, you don't have to stop her."

Claude watched her and then she casually smelled it?

Actually, it wasn't for the sake of the child. He had a rather nasty idea. The tea would not fit the taste of a child who was drinking milk with sweetened chocolate on a normal day anyway. So if she tasted this tea for herself, the child would have cried and regretted it at once.

"Athy, likes this too!"

Unexpectedly, the child liked the tea he was drinking. Claude, who expected the child's disgust, felt intrigued by the unexpected reaction.

"It feels like flowers are blooming in Athy's mouth!"

What? At the moment, Claude's face hardened while the child's laughing and shouting resounded.

'Maybe your Majesty will like it, too.’

A piece of memory that was buried came from the back of his injured mind. The laughing, friendly voice mingled in the wind and tickled his ear.