Part 5

'That's my only wish.'

I don't care if you don't forgive me. I'm going to kill the child. Otherwise, you'll die. And you know that, too, so why...….

'I hope you'll love this child.'

Why are you smiling like that?

Knowing that it was a thing of the past, Claude could not hide his sense of oblivion from the visions that came before him.

He knew better than anyone what had happened afterwards.

In the end, Claude couldn't kill the child. Before Diana died, and after she died.

He could never forgive himself.

So he sealed his own memory. He didn't think he'll be able to live with it.

And now that he finally opened the tightly closed door of his memory.

Claude still couldn't forgive himself. It's been a long time since then.

* * *

Countless memories and emotions that had been forgotten have filled the enclosures like the tide, and then once again escaped. Meanwhile, Claude felt as if he had become a worn stone.

Sending a pestering Felix to Ruby Palace, he was all alone in his room.

It was because of the memory of a dead Diana, that he sent Felix to Ruby Palace as the child's knight, also a new caregiver.

But just there, Claude didn't intend to do anything more than the basic needs for a child's growth.

'As you loved me, please cherish this child I'm leaving behind.'

May be another time, when you grow out of your ears? Claude was being sarcastic.

It's a stupid thing. Did you think that will ever be possible In my lifetime? You'll just have to marvel at the mere fact that I didn't kill the child with these hands.

Claude lay down on the sofa and raised his hand to cover his eyes. I wondered if I could hide the image of the woman whom he had been constantly reminiscing and then harassing him.

Maybe it's because he hasn't slept well for a while.

So after that, Claude fell asleep in that state.

* * *

Tuck!

He opened his eyes again when he felt something flying into his forehead and hitting him. A person? I was just taking a nap when I wondered who dared to come into his room and disturb his sleep.

Claude opened his eyes.

Then he could see what was going on, the child was standing up in front of him with her hands raised.

Claude still hadn't fully woken up, and in a slightly dazed he thought why was the child here now.

Oh, come to think of it, I told Felix to bring the kid when it's time for dinner, but....

"Come on, lullaby...."

Then, suddenly the child lowered her hands stiffly and began to poke his chest. Claude just looked at her face because he still can't comprehend the current situation.

"The moon smiles down on you. Goodbye to the day. The baby smiles at the stars too."

The child's wry singing tickled his ear.

"Tomorrow will bring a brighter morning. So dream a pretty dream. Sleep tight, my child."

Perhaps it was because of my mood, so while listening to the song, my head seemed to clear up a little.