Part 8

A year passed in a flash in the spring and summer cycle.

"Glory and blessings to the sun of Obelia."

Claude narrowed his eyes as he looked at Lillian Yorke in front of him.

In the early morning hours, Claude was asked for an audience, for some reason, from who was supposed to be taking care of Athanasia.

"Yes, you have something to say about Athanasia?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Lillian tightened her lips politely in front of Claude.

Claude gave permission to open her mouth. But then the words he was hearing contained unexpected things.

"Your Majesty, please refrain from giving the princess a snack."

At that moment Claude's eyebrows wriggled a little.

What? Stop giving Athanasia snacks?

It was very cheeky. How dare she admonish him for doing this or that. In addition, the request was also conceited.

"What a shame. Is it quite a big deal, as you're telling me this nonsense?"

Well, he was alwalys in a low mood and so he recited in a low subdued voice.

But Lilian Yorke, like a man whose liver has been gone for a long time, gives him nothing up front in such a state? She carried on her words without a hint.

"It's a very important issue. Didn't you see Princess Athanasia suffering from cavities? Furthermore, right after her visit to Garnett Palace, she will soon complain of more pain than usual, so I'd like to give your Majesty a tap on the back."

The words contained a subtle rebuke to Claude, who unwittingly fed a child suffering from cavities. Claude felt that and was forced to laugh.

To all intents and purposes, he only gave his child what she wanted, to see her eyes twinkle wanting snacks every time she came to his palace.

Of course, Claude was also thinking that children with cavities should not be fed sweets. But it was strangely difficult to say no when the child looked at him with her eyes shining as if expecting something.

In addition, cavities could be treated with magic at once.

But Felix said that Lillian opposed magic therapy.

In this situation, it was better to treat a child with a little pain than to not treat it immediately.

So the child was suffering from a toothache, unaware that she could be treated for cavities in a second by magic.

Even when she was meeting Claude, sometimes her toothache made her cry, and he felt sorry for her. Claude's heart seeing such a child was getting worse.

Claude's cold eyes flew over to Lillian.

You know, she's a pretty tough girl. It's fair to pretend he didn't win when you see the child suffering that much.

Claude thought with a distaste that he could not understand.

"I beg of you, Your Majesty."

"When someone hears that I can't give Athanasia a snack? They will think I'm a man of impatience.”

Knowing that Claude had become uncomfortable, Lillian only looked down politely once again.

Claude beckoned Lillian out of Garnett Palace.

* * *

"Daddy!"

That afternoon, Athanasia came to see Claude.