Part 3

Why are you smiling so carelessly? You do know you're going to die without making a single sound right now?

Come to think of it, it occurred to him that the child had followed him so easily, even though he was a stranger.

Hasn't anyone ever taught this kid "don't follow strangers"? He remembered something from a few years ago, there was a girl next to this child who dared to stand in front of him at Ruby Palace.

When I came to think of it, I realized that I had been staring at Felix, who had been there for a while.

"Felix?"

"Yes, Your Majesty."

"Get out."

It would be better to have one stranger than two.

Claude gently closed his eyes after issuing the dismissive command to Felix. If someone else looked into his head, they might have been surprised to find out all this normal way thinking.

Felix hesitated for a moment but was forced to leave the door at his command. Then Claude spoke to the unmoving child again.

"Athy is a nickname."

Athanasia and then Athy. It was a cute nickname that was quite different from the grand meaning of the name.

"Athanasia. Atanasia."

It was the mother of the child who named it. I could remember what a haughty girl she was.

'How dare her name my child, and to a girl. If she were alive, she would have been left with a grave sentence right there.'

All I can think of is a vague face. Even then, when I tried to recall my memory, I get a headache.

Something like this was abnormal. However, no matter how much I think about it, it was useless because it was just all white, as if it were covered with something opaque. And even this quickly became a nuisance.

"What are you doing? Try to eat."

Suddenly the child, gazing at him, came into view and then he opened his mouth.

"I had ordered to prepare what my child might like, and if you don't eat it, I'll have to punish the ones who brought it."

"I..I'll eat well."

Claude looked at the child with a fork as if she only moved because of his words.

I've guessed since I've kept the tight pouches with precious stones, but how can you say that the child's appearance is from the royal family? It's appalling?

It was enough to say that the clothes were not top-of-the-line. Well, it was surprising that someone cared for the child who was forgotten to exist.

"My stomach is full."

Said the child, whose cheeks were full, muzzling. It strangely caught my eye when she put the cake into her mouth as if it were her first time eating it.

"Who taught you etiquette?"

"Lily taught me."

In the meantime, I was curious that she was quite good at etiquette.

"Yes. You mean Lillian Yorke."

As I've guessed. It looks like that girl was still next to her.

"Your mother and that girl was the only ones who have kept you from dying in my hands, they even have kept you to be in front of me."

When he recited it unconsciously, Claude felt sorry for her.

Lillian Yorke. Even so, has the child's mother ever stood in his way? I certainly didn't have that memory. But why did he just tell a story he didn't even know himself?