::4::

"Ahhhh!" Marty and Rosie screamed as they saw a scarecrow in front of them. She closed her eyes at the small impact. It flew off the window, only to reveal the barn they were heading towards. Marty's helmet flew over his face just as they crashed into the barn. The house next door's lights turned on, and the family who occupied it walked out, preparing for what they might see. The car blinker clicked as the family asked questions.

   "What is it? What is it pa?" The lady asked.

   "Looks like an airplane without wings," the man replied.

   "That ain't no airplane. Look," the boy said, showing a comic book which had a UFO painted on the cover. Suddenly, Marty's door opened. He stepped out as the family screamed. Marty tried to talk, but instead ran over to the other side of the car, pulling the door open.

   "Rosie. Are you okay?" He asked her. He helped her up and pushed the hair out of her face.

   "Whoa," she said.

   "Yeah. Whoa," he agreed, before helping her out of her seat. They opened the barn door and they ran back in at the sight of the family again. They suddenly, crashed back out of the barn, driving through the field once again. They continued to drive, not listening to the screaming behind them.

"Alright McFly get a grip on yourself," Marty told himself. "It's all a dream."

"We can't both be having the same dream sweetheart," Rosie said, leaning her head onto the window. Out of nowhere, Marty hit the breaks. The car swerved and he stepped out, Rosie following. They stared at a big sign reading 'Live in the home of tomorrow... today! Lyon Estates.'

"But-," Marty started, but couldn't finish his thoughts.

"How is this possible?" Rosie asked. Marty turned around and tried to flag down a red car as Rosie wiped the sweat off her face, pulling her hair from her skin. When the car drove off, Marty groaned.

"It can't be," he said, before sitting back in the driver's seat. When the machine turned off, Rosie looked in through the window.

"The engines stalling," she said obviously. He gave her an annoyed look. "Not the time. Gotcha."

They pushed the car behind the sign and started to walk to Hill Valley. They turned a corner, and it was like stepping into a movie. Everything was bright and colorful. Rosie ran to the sidewalk, and Marty turned to see a sign, almost getting hit by a car. He stepped onto the sidewalk along with Rosie and they continued walking. They couldn't help but stare at some of the absurd things around them. They saw stores that hadn't been in business for years. Some even since they were born. The records being advertised had been long forgotten in the basements of parents and grandparents. They walked through the grass, and heard a noise. They turned to see the clock tower ringing.

"It works," Rosie stated. "It's never worked before."

They heard a campaign for Mayor Red Thomas, and this confused the situation furthermore. A passing man tossed the newspaper into the trash bin and Rosie grabbed it, Marty reading over her shoulders.

"November fifth, 1955," he whispered, before saying it louder. "November fifth 1955!"

"Shhhh!" Rosie said. "Keep your voice down. Our clothes already don't match the time period. We don't want to draw more attention to ourselves." They spotted a telephone through a window, and made their way towards the diner, music was playing on the jukebox, and the signs were classic. They walked in and sat down.

"Hey kid. What'd you do? Jump ship?" Someone asked. Marty looked confused.

"What?"

"What's with the life preserver?" The man asked. Rosie rolled her eyes at her friend's awkwardness.

"We just wanted to use the phone," Rosie said. The man pointed it out to them and Marty walked over to it as Rosie waited by the booth. She noticed him ripping a page out of the book, and took that as a sign that he found what they had been looking for. He handed the paper to Rosie and she looked at it.

"Here it is," Marty said, pointing out his name. She took the paper and walked up to the counter.

"Do you know where 1640 Riverside..." she started

"Are you kids gonna order something?" The man asked. They nodded.

"Yeah. Give me a tab," Marty said. When he told him he had to order something first, Marty ordered a Pepsi free. Rosie set her elbow on the counter and her head in her hand.

"You want a Pepsi pal you're going to pay for it."

"Just three coffees please," Rosie said.

"But there's only two of us," Marty said.

"Two of them are for me," she replied. Marty leaned down to start petting his hair, oddly matching the boy sitting next to him. The door opened.

"Hey McFly," a familiar voice said. Both boys turned around, which caught Rosie's attention immediately. She swiveled in her chair, turning to see who it was. She immediately recognized the boy as a younger version of George McFly's boss and who she assumed his gang. "What do you think you're doing?"

Someone scoffed.

"I'm talking to you, McFly? You Irish bug," he said.

"Rude," Rosie said under her breath. George McFly stood up.

"Hey guys. How are you doing?" George said nervously. The look on Marty's face was priceless. He was in complete shock.

"You got my homework finished McFly?" Biff asked threateningly. George stuttered.

"Uhhh well actually I figured since it wasn't due till Monday..." he said, which Marty remembered him saying only yesterday in his timeline, but thirty years in the future for George's timeline. Biff started rudely knocking on his head, making more offensive comments.

"What are you looking at butthead?" Biff asked, turning to Marty. Rosie tucked her hands into fists, ready to fight if need be, but in reality, Marty always got her out of fights before she could finish them. Or even start them most of the time. After more talk about Biff's homework, the gang left the diner. Marty continued to stare at George and Rosie did the same. Now that she got a good look at him, the man truly hadn't changed much since high school.

"What!" George exclaimed after seeing Marty stare. Marty gulped.

"You're George McFly," he replied, still in the same shocked state as before.

"Yeah. Who are you?" He asked before being interrupted by a familiar face.

"Look at me. You think I'm gonna spend the rest of my life in this dollhouse? No sir! I'm gonna make something of myself," he said.

"That's right. He's going to be mayor," Marty replied, and Rosie slapped the back of his head, causing him to wince. The man agreed, and just like that, Marty had created a future leader.

"You can't do that Marty," Rosie whispered angrily. Once they realized that George was gone, they looked out the window to see him on his bike.

"Okay. You go look for Doc's house. Don't go in without me. I'll meet you there," Marty instructed Rosie, before running out the door.
_______________________
Who would read a Family Ties fanfic?