::6::

"Doc you have to help us!" Rosie begged. "You are the only one who knows how the time machine works."

   "Time machine," Doc said. "I haven't invented any time machine.

   "Okay. Alright we can prove it to you," Marty said, emptying his pockets. He showed the Doc his drivers license. Rosie looked over his shoulder from behind and pointed at the small picture.

   "What happened to your hair that day?" She asked. Marty turned his head slightly to get a better look at his hairdo.

   "No idea," he said, before shoving it back in his pocket. "And look at this picture, it's my brother, my sister, and me. Look at her sweatshirt Doc, 'class of 1984'." Doc shut the idea down again.

   "You have to believe us," Rosie said.

   "Then tell me future kids. Who's president of the United States in 1985?"

   "Ronald Reagan," Rosie said.

   "Ronald Reagan? The actor? Ha! Then who's Vice President? Jerry Lewis?" He ran out of the house carrying papers, and the teenagers followed him.

   "You've gotta listen to us," Marty said.

   "Goodnight future kids," Doc said, once again closing the door on them.

"The bruise on his head," Marty whispered to Rosie. She perked up.

"Doc the bruise on your head! I know how that happened! You told us the whole story. You were standing on your- on your," Rosie said.

"Toilet!" Marty finished.

"Yeah! You were standing on your toilet, hanging a clock, and you fell and you hit your head on the sink!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"And that's when you came up with the idea for the flux capacitor, which is what makes time travel possible," Marty said, but started feeling like a fool for even mentioning it towards the end. He turned around and Rosie gave him a look as if to say 'well we tried,' but then Doc opened his door intrigued.

They drove out to where the DeLorean was hidden. Rosie and Marty uncovered the time machine.

"After I fell off the toilet, I drew this," Doc said, handing Rosie a drawing. She showed it to Marty and winked at him, having previously seen the object he had imagined. Marty shined a flashlight on it. She opened the compartment and he shined the light on it. Doc cheered, "It works! I finally invent something that works!"

"You bet your ass it works," Marty said, grabbing Rosie's hand in his.

"Somehow we've gotta sneak this back to my laboratory," Doc said, before grabbing Marty by his jacket, causing him to let go of Rosie's hand. "We've gotta get you two home!"
_______________________
"Okay Doc are you ready?" Rosie asked as she and Marty tried to connect the video to the television set.

"This is it," Marty said. Doc saw himself on the video, and started critiquing himself as Marty and Rosie explained everything that was happening. Marty blushed during a moment where he zoomed in on Rosie's face, before quickly turning the camera towards Doc again.

   "Whoa this is the part comin' up," Rosie said, hitting Marty's arm as he rewound  the tape.

   "I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts-," the Doc on the screen said.

"What did I just say?" The Doc in the flesh replied. Rosie rewound it so he could watch it again. "1.21 gigawatts! Great Scott!"

"What the hell is a gigawatts?" The teenagers asked.

"How could I have been so careless?" Doc asked. "1.21 gigawatts!"

"Doc look, all we need is a little plutonium," Marty said, catching up to him.

"Oh I'm sure that in 1985, plutonium is available in every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by."

"Actually," Rosie started, but stopped when she realized it wasn't the right time.

"I'm sorry kids but I'm afraid you're stuck here," Doc said.

"No no no no. This can't be happening," Rosie said.

"Yeah Doc, stuck here? We can't be stuck here," Marty said. "I've got a life in 1985."

"I do too!" Rosie exclaimed. Marty pulled her down next to him and set an arm around her, rubbing up and down her arm reassuringly.

"I've got a girl," Marty said, and Rosie looked at him in shock.

"Wait really?" She asked, temporarily distracted.

"Is she pretty?" Doc asked. He looked down at Rosie, who was now tucked into his side, hugging his body with her face in his jacket.

"She's beautiful. I'm crazy about her," he said. "Doc you're our only hope."

"The only power source capable of generating 1.21 gigawatts of electricity is a bolt of lightning," he said. Marty stood up and started pacing.

"What did you just say?" Rosie asked.

"A bolt of lightning." Doc replied anxiously. Marty and Rosie looked at each other, before she jumped up excitedly. "Unfortunately you never know when or where it's ever gonna strike."

"Oh please Doc," Rosie replied.

"We're time travelers," Marty said confidently, before handing Doc a piece of paper. "Save the Clocktower." The Doc took the paper from his hands and acknowledged it, before his eyes widened. Rosie and Marty high-fived, and she jumped into his arms for a hug.

"We're gonna go home," she said.

"Safe and sound princess," he said excitedly.

"This is it kids!" The Doc exclaimed excitedly. They separated to different side of their older friend as he analyzed the paper. "This is the answer! It says here... that a bolt of lightning is gonna strike the clock tower at 10:04 p.m. next Saturday night."

"That's ironic," Rosie said.

"If we could somehow harness this lightning... channel it into the flux capacitor... it just might work," Doc said. "Next Saturday night, we're sending you two back to the future!"

"Okay alright! Saturday's good. Saturday's good. We can spend a week in 1955," Marty said.

"Yeah! We can hang out. You can show us around," Rosie finished.

"That is completely out of the question. You must not leave this house! You must not see anybody or talk to anybody. Anything you do can have serious repercussions on future events! Do you both understand?"

"Yeah. Sure okay," Marty said with a guilty look. Rosie linked their arms together.

"Definitely," she replied.

"Kids. Have you interacted with anybody else today besides me?" Doc asked.

"I'm- yeah well I might've sort of bumped into my parents," Marty said.

"I might've sort of done the same thing," Rosie said, raising her arm that was now unconnected to Marty's. Rosie sat on the couch, crossing her legs as Marty paced.

"Great Scott! Marty let me see that photograph again of your brother," he said. Marty reached into his pocket and grabbed it, handing it over. "Just as I thought! This proves my theory. Look at your brother." Rosie stood up so she could see as well.

"His heads gone," Marty said.

"It's like it's been erased," Rosie replied.

"Erased from existence," Doc said dramatically. The trio looked at each other with shock and fear in their eyes. This was going to be an interesting week.