::9::

When Marty got back to Doc's house from after his visit with George, the first thing he did was pull Rosie onto the couch, making sure not to be to rough or loud.

   "Are you okay princess?" He asked her. She smiled slightly and nodded.

   "Yeah I'm okay," she replied. He tucked a stray piece of hair straying from her head behind her ear. He held his arms wide and she fell into the comforting hug. He just ran his fingers through her hair comfortingly and told her that he was proud of her for standing up to Biff like that. He just held her close.

   "That wasn't too groovy," she said. Marty looked down at her.

   "Groovy? Wrong decade babe," he teased. She laughed lightly.

   "Yeah but Doc gets 'Great Scott' and you get 'This Is Heavy.' I needed something," she said, drawing out the last word of the sentence.

   "Fair enough," he replied.

Later that night, Marty went to George's house, convincing him to ask Lorraine to the dance. He made it very believable. He set his headphones on George's ear and played an ear splitting opening. When he shot up, he stopped.

"Who are you?" George asked. At the sound of a question, Marty played the sound again.

"Silence earthling," he replied. "My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan."

When Marty returned to Doc's house, he saw Rosie, asleep on the couch. He smiled at her, before picking her up bridal style. In her sleep, she wrapped her arms around Marty's neck. He set her in her bed and tucked her in, before kissing her forehead and leaving the room.

The next day, Rosie woke up in a bed, but didn't remember how she got there. She sat up and walked out of the bedroom.

"Marty?" She said when she didn't see him. He peaked his head out from a different room and smiled.

"Hey," he said, walking out and meeting her in the hallway. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good I think," she said. "Thanks for tucking me in." Marty rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, blushing.

"How did you know about that?" He asked her. She looked down at the ground.

"I just took a guess," she said, shrugging bashfully. "I fell asleep waiting for you to get home." Silence followed for a moment as they both pondered the others' actions.

"Well we should probably get ready for school," Rosie said. He nodded and they once again split up. Rosie closed the door and smiled widely. "He actually cares." She said to herself. Marty closed his door and spun around in a 360 on his heels excitedly.

"She was waiting for me," he whispered to himself. They attended school with no big issues and afterwards, went to get sodas.

"Marty! Rosie!" George exclaimed as he ran across the street, almost getting hit by a car in the process. He ran the rest of the way towards the gas station.

"Hey, George, buddy," Marty said.

"You weren't in school," Rosie said. "What have you been doing all day?"

"I overslept. Look, I need your help," he said, making eye contact with Marty. "I have to ask Lorraine out, but I don't know how to do it."

"Alright, listen. Keep your pants on. She's over in the cafe," Marty said, and Rosie gave him a sideways glance. "God! How do you-," he exclaimed, trying to open his soda. George took it out of his hand and opened it using the bottle cap opener. He handed it back and started running, the two time traveling teenagers running after him.

As they were running, Rosie whispered "Did you really just tell him to keep his pants on? You have to be conceived somehow," to Marty, and he nearly dropped his drink.

"Rosie why would you say that?" He whined. They caught up to George and Marty could finally question him, acting dumb. "What made you change your mind George?"

"Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out, that he'd melt my brain." George replied desperately.

"Yeah well, let's just keep this brain- melting stuff to ourselves okay?" Marty said.

"Copyright," Rosie whispered under her breath.

"Oh, yeah, okay," George said, trying to walk into the cafe where they had first met.

"Alright okay. There she is George. Now just go in there and invite her," Marty said as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

"But I don't know what to say," George replied.

"Just say anything, George," Marty replied.

"Say whatever's natural. The first thing that comes into your mind," Rosie told him.

"Nothings coming to my mind." Marty took a drink of his soda and shook his head. 'Like father like son' Rosie thought.

"Jesus George. It's a wonder I was even born," Marty said. Rosie laughed loudly, and Marty smiled at her.

"What? What?" George asked.

"Nothing, nothing. Nothing," Marty tried to cover.

"Look George," Rosie said. "Tell her. Tell her destiny brought you together." George took a notepad and pencil out of his pocket and began to write.

"Tell her that she is the most beautiful girl you have ever seen in the world," Marty said, shooting a risky side glance Rosie's way. She didn't notice. "Girls like that stuff. What are you doing George?"

"I'm writing this down. This is good stuff," George said, writing dramatically.

"Yeah okay," Marty said, fixing George's hair. "Let's go."

"Can you take care of that?" Rosie asked, pointing at his hair, which he re-fixed. The trio walked into the diner and heard the jukebox playing and people talking. Rosie walked towards Nancy and Lorraine, sitting down next to them. Marty helped guide George towards his mother. He tried to exit the building, but saw that his father was still unsure. He rushed back in and gave him the push he needed, before walking to the side to witness him either succeed, or crash and burn harder then the DeLorean in the barn. George walked like a drunk man, shoving the notepad in his pants. The teenagers around him danced, talked, and ate. Everyone was having a good time. The only word to describe the cafe was, lively.

Rosie looked to the side and saw Robby talking to some boys by the Jukebox, and smiled at the way he stood. That was her signature stance.

"Lou. Give me a milk. Chocolate," George said. Marty watched from the sidelines, confused. A glass full of chocolate milk slid across to George and he grabbed it, taking a drink and wiping his mouth.

George took a deep breath and a leap of faith, and walked towards Lorraine Baines.
_______________________
Check out my family ties fanfic!