2

Sinamahan nina Sejun at Stell si Ayi at ang robot pababa ng apartment building nila. In fairness sa robot, Ayi thought, parang tao talagang gumalaw. No one would ever know he is not human.

Bubuksan na sana ni Ayi ang pinto sa driver's side nang nagsalita si Justin. "I can drive."

Even his voice was perfectly human. And attractive.

But inasmuch as Ayi respects her friends' craft, she doesn't trust technology with all her heart.

"No, I'll drive," sabi niya.

The robot looked at Sejun and Stell for approval. Then, Stell remembered something. "Ah. Justin, this is Aaliyah. Or Ayi, for short."

"From now on, Ayi is one of your admin's too. We are allowing her to control you," sabi ni Stell.

Ang corny naman ng 'admin', isip ni Ayi. Parang Facebook group lang. Bakit hindi nalang 'master' para may thrill?

"Hello, Aaliyah," Justin greeted the girl.

"Just call me Ayi, please," Ayi said rather coldly.

The robot was quick to understand and nodded instantly. "Okay, Ayi."

"English-speaking siya?" Tanong ni Ayi kina Sejun at Stell.

"No. Pwede English, Tagalog, conyo," sabi ni Stell. "May option din for Korean."

"Neat. " Ayi nodded.

"Okay. Gotta go now. May papers pa akong susulatin," paalam ni Ayi sa mga kaibigan. Ayi waved goodbye to her friends then turned to Justin. "Justin, sa passenger's seat ka umupo."

The robot complied.

The car ride was akward but there was little Ayi could do about it. Inisip niya na wala naman silang pag-uusapan ng robot. It's not like it has memories, right?

To make herself feel less awkward, she just played music on her car radio.

When they arrived, Justin followed her into her condo. As soon as they got inside, Ayi faced Justin.

"Justin, sit on the couch facing me," she commanded him.

She needed to check this robot. If Sejun and Stell would not let her do it when they are around, she'll do it on her own.

Justin sat on the couch while Ayi went to sit on the chair it faces.

"What is 0.483 multiplied by 762?" she asked, quickly typing the same equation on her phone.

The robot took a few seconds to reply. "The answer is 368.046."

"What is the capital of Bangladesh?"

"The capital of Bangladesh is Dhaka."

"Cool." Nagkibit-balikat si Ayi. "But pretty useless. My phone can do that, too."

She stood and began walking around, thinking of what to do with Justin.

Ang simple naman yata ng ginawang robot ng mga kaibigan niya. She doesn't see how Justin could be of help to her.

If she can't see the pros in her friends' work. Maybe she can find out the cons for them instead.

Baka may mali sa pagkaka-code nito, sabi niya sa sarili. That's why he's boring.

Moments later, an idea came to her.

"Justin, strip," she commanded, facing Justin.

"Error. Cannot override rule 19," Justin immediately replied.

Ayi seemed somewhat disappointed. Pero baka nga kilalang-kilala na siya ng mga kaibigan.

"Ah, sarado," sabi niya.

Hindi naman hahayaan ni Ayi na hindi niya malaman ang kahinaan na tinatago ng robot nina Sejun at Stell. While she had no control of the robot over that, she has control over her own actions.

"Okay, Justin, keep your eyes on me." Ayi said. She started removing her clothes until she was only in her underwear.

Justin did not flinch or look away at all. He kept staring as he was commanded and then, after a while, blinked.

"Robot ka nga," sabi ni Ayi.

"But you're a pretty boring robot." She turned around and headed to the bathroom.

"Justin, just pick up my clothes and put them in the laundry basket inside my closet," sabi niya nalang.

Pagkatapos maligo ni Ayi, nagbihis na siya ng sleepware. Pero hindi siya agad natulog. She took her laptop with her to the living room do her schoolwork.

Justin just sat there and watched her, which bothered Ayi.

"Should I turn you off?" She asked.

"But Sejun and Stell need the data," sinagot din niya ang sarili.

So what does she do with the robot?

"Can you sing?" She asked.

"I can sing select songs," sagot nito. "Please tell me what you'd like me to sing and I will check my database."

"You know what? Nevermind. Can you get me a glass of wine?" Ayi asked instead. Ayi wouldn't call herself an alcoholic, but she really likes her cocktails and wines.

"Nasa chiller. The red one," sabi pa niya, sabay taas ng paa sa couch.

"No, actually, get me the entire bottle," she corrected. She usually drinks a glass or two every other day, but when school gets particularly hectic, she allows herself to consume an entire bottle.

"It is not advisable to drink a lot of alcohol," sabi ni Justin, staying true to being a self-care robot.

"Yada, yada," Ayi mocked. "You're one boring robot with an even more boring personality."

"Relax. It's just wine. Don't you know wine helps me write? It's hit or miss, but it's mostly helpful," she explained. Then, Ayi realized what she was doing. "Teka, why am I explaining to a robot?"

"Just get me my bottle of wine, please," inis niyang sabi.

"And a glass?" Justin innocently suggested.

"Nope," Ayi singsonged, shaking her head. "I'm finishing the entire bottle tonight."

The robot looked hesitant, but followed Ayi's order anyway.

As soon as Justin handed Ayi the bottle of red wine, she expertly opened it.

"Cheers, my personal boring robot for loneliness and sadness," sabi niya. Then, she drank from the bottle.

Noong gabing yun, nang patulog na si Sunny, hindi niya magawang iwan sa sala si Justin. She doesn't know why. He's a robot, but he looked, acted, and sounded human.

Kaya naman parang labag sa loob ni Ayi na sa madilim na sala ito magpalipas ng gabi.

So, she led Justin to her condo's small guest room.

"How do I turn you off?" Tanong niya sa robot.

"I'll turn off when you touch my nape. I'll still have enough energy to put myself to bed," sagot naman nito.

"Okay." Ayi nodded. She moved closer to Justin and tiptoed a little to reach his nape. Upon realizing how close they were, she pressed the button on his nape quickly.

"Goodnight, Justin."

"Goodnight, Ayi."