7

Ayi had trouble writing her paper that night. Kakaisip niya ito kay Ken.

Ano ba itong si Ken Suson. Masyadong maraming ino-occupy na brain space, she thought.

By 10 PM, she was still staring at a blank Word document and she was stressed.

"Arrrghh," she said, pulling on her hair. Ibinaba niya sa coffee table ang laptop niya at tsaka gumulong sa couch kung saan siya nakaupo. "Nakakatanga."

"Do you need anything?" Tanong ni Justin na napansin yata ang pinaggagagawa ni Ayi.

"Brain cells," sagot ni Ayi. "Brain cells na kayang hindian yung charm ni Ken Suson."

Ayi felt a tug on her heart as soon as she said his name.

"Ayan na naman." She pulled her hair again.

"Coffee or tea?" Justin asked. When Ayi didn't respond, he added, "Wine?"

Ayi looked at him. Here was her robot, who she was sure is againt her alcoholism, offering her wine.

"Okay. Please get me a glass," Ayi said. "Thank you, Jah."

Justin nodded and got Ayi a glass of wine. Pero inirapan siya ni Ayi pagkaabot niya nito. The robot blinked at her. "What did I do?"

"Kasalanan mo to," sabi ni Ayi. "I'm having these feelings kasi you told Ken I have a crush on him."

"It's a fact," Justin stated.

"Yes, but it was not yours to spill, Jah," Ayi tried to explain.

The robot shrugged. "I still don't think I'm the one to blame. Ken asked you out kaya ka kinikilig. That wasn't my doing."

Damn this robot for having a point.

Lalong nagpanic si Ayi nang makita niyang 10:15 PM na.

"Putanginaaaa, ayoko na!!!" sabi niya nang mangiyak-ngiyak.

"How can I help you?" Justin asked.

At that point, wala na sa tamang pag-iisip si Ayi.

"Wala. Wala kang maitutulong," Ayi said. "Just... face the wall, Jah."

"What?" Justin appeared shocked.

"Face the wall. Naiinis ako sayo," sabi ni Ayi.

"Ay, grabe," sabi ni Justin, which earned him another glare from Ayi.

"Justin, please," Ayi finally said in all seriousness.

Justin pouted then reluctantly proceeded to face the wall. Bente minutos namang nakapag-type in peace si Ayi pagkatapos noon.

But seeing Justin's slumped posture as he faced the wall, naawa si Ayi. Maybe she was too harsh towards Justin there.

"Jah?" She asked. "Are you still on?"

"Yeah," Justin answered, sounding sad.

"I'm sorry," Ayi apologized. "That was petty. You can face me now."

"It's okay, Ayi. Are you sure?" Tanong ni Justin. Inuna pa talaga niya ang feelings ni Ayi. Sabagay, wala namang feelings ang mga robot.

But from the back, Justin looked like he was fiddling with his fingers. He was also swaying on the heels of his feet. Parang batang kawawa talaga, Ayi thought.

"Yes. Sorry, Jah. Please face me now," sabi niya.

Justin turned around.

Ayi thought mukha talaga siyang batang paslit na pinagalitan. Then, she felt something— an urge to hug him. She never felt like this before.