8

Ayi was at the hospital when she woke up. Justin was sitting beside the bed she was in while Ken was on the couch a few steps away. Both were alerted when they realized she was awake.

"Ayi, okay ka lang?" Justin asked immediately.

"Gusto mo bang tawagin ko yung nurse?" Tanong pa niya.

Ayi tried to speak, but nothing came out. She cleared her throat but her "wag na" still came out croaky.

"Aaliyah." Lumapit si Ken. "I'm sorry. I didn't know."

Hindi pa rin makasagot si Ayi. Mabuti nalang, inabutan siya ng tubig ni Justin. After drinking, she finally replied to Ken, "It's okay, Ken. It was my fault."

"Still," Ken said, worry etched in his face.

Ayi shook her head. Kasabay nito ang pagpasok nila Sejun at Stell sa hospital room niya.

"Ayi!" umiiyak na sigaw ni Sejun habang tumatakbo papunta sa kama ni Ayi. Sa reaksyon niya, aakalain mong nasa bingit na ng kamatayan si Ayi.

"Sej, tumingil ka nga. Hindi pa ako patay," Ayi reminded her friend. Nahiya tuloy siya kay Ken na nakakakita ngayon ng ka-weirdohan ng kaibigan niya.

"Ayi, you could have died," Stell said sternly. "What were you thinking?"

I wasn't thinking, Ayi wanted to confess, but it was too embarrassing to admit especially in front of Ken.

"It was my fault," Ken stepped up.

Ayi knew at that point na hindi na magiging boto sina Sejun at Stell kay Ken because of how stupid she acted over him.

Before things could even start heating up, the door opened, revealing a young woman who was probably her doctor.

"Hi," bati nito nang nakangiti. She has a kind face, like an angel's. "You sure have lots of friends with you here."

Manhid yata yung doktora. Hindi ba niya pansin yung tensyon sa paligid?

With her peripheral vision, Ayi saw Ken stare at the doctor as if trying to see if it was someone he knows

"Hi, Aaliyah. I'm Doc Hana," the doctor introduced herself. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay na po," sabi ni Hana.

The doctor shook his head. "Next time, wag ka nang kumain ng bawal sayo."

"If you didn't have epinephrine with you then and if you weren't brought to the hospital in time, you could have died," paalala nito.

Ayi nodded.

"But you should be fine." Bawi naman ng doktor. "Just get some rest and take the medicine the nurse will give you. Then, you may go in the morning."

Soon after, the doctor left.

"Guys, I'm okay na. Please go home," Ayi reassured her friends.

"No, I'll stay with you," Ken volunteered.

Agad sumabat si Sejun. "No. If you're the reason why Ayi ended up here, wag na. Please."

Ayi wanted to argue with Sejun, but he was right. Tatanga-tanga siya around Ken. It may be best that he is not the one to stay with her while Ayi is in the hospital.

"Kami na magbabantay sayo," Stell insisted.

But Ayi shook her head.

"No. Si Justin na," she said sternly. "I'd like all of you guys to leave. Only Justin will stay."

Wala nang nagawa ang tatlo.

Noong sila na lang ni Justin ang natira sa hospital room, Ayi sighed.