epilogue

Two years later....

"Good morning, Ayi!"

Ayi groaned at person who was trying to wake her up. "Five more minutes."

"Kapag hindi ka bumangon, malelate tayo sa family reunion," sabi ni Stell na kanina pa siya sinusubukang gisingin.

Ayi immediately sat up. Hindi rin niya alam kung saan siya biglang nakahugot ng energy para bumangon. "Alright. I'm up."

"Sana sinabi mo agad," she mumbled groggily.

Stell turned to leave Ayi's room, chuckling. "Sus, excited na siya eh."

Ayi rolled her eyes.  She got up, took her towel from the rack inside her room, and went to their shared bathroom to take a shower.

Ayi has been living with Sejun and Stell for almost a year and a half now. Nang matanggap niya ang unang sweldo, sinabi na niya sa nanay na hindi na niya kailangan ang condo niya.

Sejun and Stell offered her their spare room at their apartment. With the rent split among the three of them, abot-kaya na ito ng sweldo ni Ayi.

Paano sila nagkaayos?

Matinding panunuyo lang naman mula sa parte nina Sejun at Stell ang kinailangan. They had to pester Ayi everyday–bringing her food, asking her out for drinks (yes, they asked) until they began to do things the way they normally did.

That, and Ayi also made it clear that if they'd do it again, she'll make sure they'd never have kids.

With Ayi living out of her mom's paid condo, she was free from her mom's blackmailing. Wala na ring pressure sa kanya para ayusin ang relasyon nila ng ama.

Today, they were going to Sejun's family reunion. Kinupkop na rin kasi siya ng pamilya as if she was their own. Noon na-realize ni Ayi na hindi kailangang maging magkadugo para maging pamilya.

Even their friend group was a family in itself.  Running joke nga nila na si Sejun ang nanay, si Stell ang tatay, at siya ang anak.

When everyone was ready, Stell drove them to the venue.

"May excited," pang-aasar ni Stell kay Ayi.

"Tignan mo tong si Ayi, mahal, parang mamamanhikan yata o ikakasal," Stell told Sejun, who was on the passenger's seat.

"White dress siya eh," malisyosong sabi ni Sejun.

Ayi tried to hide her blush. "Tumahimik nga kayo."

Tita Grace hugged Ayi immediately as soon as they got to the venue. She then ushered the three inside. Sa loob, kaliwa't kanang nagmano ang tatlo sa relatives ni Sejun.

Thankfully, Ayi was a tad more comfortable with touching. Sejun and Stell made it their next project after the fake robot fiasco, but this time, they asked for Ayi's permission.

They tried touching her and had other people touch her, but made sure she wasn't violated. It took a little over six months, but by the end of it, they finally knew how to help Ayi control her fear. Ayi also began to see a psychologist for her trauma.

After all the lolos, lolas, titos, and titas were greeted, Sejun spoke.

"Wait. I'll go find JJ," sabi niya. Then, he disappeared.

"Someone looks excited," Stell said again, circling Ayi.

Ayi hit Stell's arm lightly. Hindi niya mapigilan ang pagngiti. "Gago. Kinakabahan ako."

"You guys told me you're going to introduce me to Sejun's cousin na potential boyfriend and never told me who it is," sabi niya, air-quoting 'potential boyfriend'. "Paalala ko lang ah, may isang malaking strike one na kayo ni Sejun sakin."

Stell shook his head. "Never again."

His eyes sparkled when he saw someone approaching from behind Ayi. "Ayan na pala sila."

Ayi turned around.

With Sejun was a good-looking guy, but not quite who she was expecting.

"Ayi, I'd like you to meet my cousin," sabi ni Sejun.

The guy was just around Ayi's height— if she wasn't in heels, which she was that day. He also had a charismatic smile.

"Hi, my name is Josh," the guy said with an accent, offering his hand to Ayi.

"Jash?" Tanong ni Ayi.

"No, Josh," the guy corrected. It still sounded like Jash.

Ayi just held back her laughter. She shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, Josh. I'm Ayi."

She and Josh talked for a while. He seemed like an awesome person. Apparently, he belonged to a rising dance troupe in LA and is a music producer on the side as well.

Ayi thought it was cool what Josh did, but he just was not her type. Siguro hindi rin siya tipo ni Josh kaya matapos ang kinse minutos ay wala na ito.

"How was it?" Asked Sejun when they came back to check on her.

"Okay lang. He's nice," Ayi shrugged. "But I'm not into him. He's not into me either.

Stell nodded.

"Actually, that's only one part of JJ," sabi ni Sejun.

"What?" Hindi siya na-gets ni Ayi.

Bago pa man siya makapagtanong, nakaalis na uli si Sejun. She turned to Stell as if she wanted to ask him a question, but Stell immediately shrugged.

"Ayi, he's here." Narinig nalang ni Ayi si Sejun mula sa likod niya.

Stell wiggled his brows and gestured Ayi to turn around. When she did, she saw the exact person she's been looking for.

[Play Hanap-Hanap by James Reid]

He looked even taller than she remembered, and, as usual, pormang-porma ang damit niya. Today, he was wearing a crisp, blue and white striped polo and white pants. He also had this weird, goofy smile on his face that made Ayi just want to pull him elsewhere.

"I'm not sure if you've met him before," Sejun said with a smirk on his face.

Ayi shook her head, trying to hold back her smile. Sejun's cousin smiled back at her.

"Ayi, I'd like you to meet my cousin, Justin de Dios."

—fin—