10

"I fucked up, Sej," Justin said the soonest they arrived at Sejun and Stell's place. For the entire ride, he just sat in the back seat, in deep thought.

Justin sank into the couch where he sat and rubbed his face in frustration.

"Justin, anong ginawa mo?" Inis na tanong niya sa sarili.

"Did she find out?" Sejun asked worriedly.

"No," sagot ni Justin.

"Mahal, kapag nalaman ni Ayi yun, she'd never talk to us again," Stell said, shivering at the thought.

"Is Ayi going to be alright?" Justin asked, looking up to Sejun and Stell.

Stell looked at his friend in concern. Then, he frowned at the thought that came to him. Could it be?

"If she doesn't consider it totally unforgivable, it'd take a day to pass," sagot ni Sejun kay Justin. "She just needs a day to cry it out. Alone. In the comfort of her home."

"But she's going out today," sabi ni Justin.

"She is? Well, she usually cancels her appointments," Sejun said. "Saan ba siya pupunta?"

"Sa Lantern Parade. Ken Suson asked her on a date, so I doubt she'll cancel that," Justin told them.

"Ano?!?" Stell reacted, his voice a higher volume than normal. He and Sejun looked at each other, seemingly worried.

"Why? What's wrong?" Justin asked in confusion.

"Ayi can't go there without anyone else with her," sabi ni Sejun.

"Eh kasama niya naman si Ken?" Tanong ni Justin, confused.

"No. What if hindi sila magkita agad?" Sabi ni Sejun na mukhang malapit nang magka-meltdown.

"Hindi pwedeng maiwan si Ayi mag-isa sa crowded places," Stell explained. Kinuha na nito ang susi ng sasakyan na kakalagay lang niya sa sabitan. "Baka siya ma-trigger doon."

Ayi arrived at UPD much earlier than expected. Inisip niya kasing kailangan niyang magpark ng kotse at iwasan ang dagsa ng mga tao.

But she underestimated the amount of people attending the event. There were just too many walking around where she and Ken were supposed to meet. Hindi niya maiwasang mabangga ng ibang tao. It made her uncomfortable.

She moved aside for a moment and texted Ken, hoping he was already nearby.

Me:
Hi, Ken.
You on your way?

There was no response. Na-ghost na ba siya? It can't be. For each moment that passed, Ayi's anxiety grew. After twenty minutes, she finally called Ken.

"Hi, Ken. I'm here where we're supposed to meet," sabi ni Ayi pagkatanggap na pagkatanggap ni Ken ng tawag. Her hands were already trembling from her anxiety, but she forced a smile.

"Fuck," sabi ni Ken sa kabilang linya.

"Sorry, Ayi. I overslept. Can you wait for me? It'll take me two hours to get there," he said.

Two hours? Ayi doubts she'll even last another five minutes in the crowded place.

"Sure," sabi niya nalang. Her voice shook a little. Nagsimula na ring manlamig ang mga kamay niya. "See you, Ken."

Trembling, Ayi walked quickly to a more open space where she could breathe. As she walked, she fumbled for her phone and tried to call Sejun, but the line was busy. At that point, mangiyak-ngiyak na si Ayi.