1

Rex watched as Ahsoka stood among the graves, a hood covering her face. He finished packing their things and walked up to Ahsoka. He heard as she sniffled and watched as she wiped her eyes.

"You okay commander?" he whispered gently, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She stiffened and rubbed her arms, nodding. Rex looked out at the graves of his brothers and choked back tears. They were all gone. Jesse, and his friends, his men. The patch on his head ached and he put his hand to it cautiously.

"We need to leave" Rex pointed out gesturing to the ship.

"I'll be right there," Ahsoka muttered shivering.

Rex nodded and headed back to the ship. He looked back at her one last time before entering the cockpit and firing up the engine. Ahsoka kneeled down before the fallen troopers and muttered a type of prayer before joining Rex on the ship. She sat down in a seat next to Rex and breathed out deeply.

"Where to Commander?" Rex asked, as he threw Ahsoka a sympathetic look.

Rex's helmet had been off ever since the battle on the ship. He dared not put it on as it would remind him of the same helmets his brother wore when they died.

"Kashyyyk we'll be safe there from the clones and we can tell the wookies about what has happened" Ahsoka replied, "We'll go into hiding at least for awhile"

"So that's it we're just gonna hide and let the Jedi order fall?" Rex said in shock.

"Do you have a better idea?" Ahsoka asked, putting her hood down. "And stop calling me commander those days are over"

Rex hesitated before he replied, "I'm sorry this war is all I know"

"It's okay Rex I- this-" Ahsoka stuttered trying to find the words to describe how she was feeling.

"I know what you mean," Rex muttered.

He pushed several different colored buttons before flying off the planet. Ahsoka stared out the window watching the planet fade in the distance. Rex pulled a lever and they jumped to hyperspace. He put the ship in auto pilot and went to the back of the ship fumbling around for something. Ahsoka groaned and stumbled back, falling towards the ground.

"Ahsoka!" Rex called.

He jumped forward and caught her right before she hit the ground. Ahsoka's eyes opened weakly and she gritted her teeth. Rex scanned over her body for injuries. Ahsoka tugged at her shirt pulling it down just enough for Rex to see an open wound on her shoulder. She groaned and her eyes fluttered.

"Don't worry we have a medical room in the back" Rex explained.

"Take me there" Ahsoka grunted trying to get on her feet.

"No you're too weak let me" Rex pointed out.

He lifted her up like she was nothing and held her in his arms. Ahsoka put her hands around his neck and gave him a faint, thankful, look. Rex smiled and carried her into a room with a small medical bed, shelves with medicine and equipment, along with a silver medical droid. He set her down on the bed and called over the droid.

"Blaster wound on the right shoulder" he muttered, kneeling at Ahsoka's side.

The droid beeped in response and got right to work.

"Hang in there Soka" Rex whispered, "I need you"

Her eyes closed and her chest rose and fell, breathing softly. Rex ventured out of the room and back into the cockpit. He sat in a chair closest to the large window and rubbed his head with his palms. Ahsoka needed to stay alive. He wouldn't be here without her. If she wasn't around he would feel lost and end up getting killed.