15

Ahsoka and Lux stood up quickly. This wasn't going to end well.

"Rex, you remember Lux" Ahsoka stammered, "He was with us when we were on Onderon and helped the rebels"

Rex nodded slowly scowling at the boy in front of him, "Right"

"And Lux this is my good friend, Rex" she said, introducing the pair.

"P-pleasure" Lux stumbled for words.

Lux's face was whiter than tauntaun on hoth. He swallowed hard, extending his arm to shake hands. Rex didn't take it. Instead he gave Lux a glare that said, "Stay away from Ahsoka" Rex looked back to Ahsoka and she sighed with relief. The tension began to fade away as Ahsoka crashed into Rex's arm, hugging him tightly.

Rex cuffed Ahsoka's face, the togruta and clone gazing deep into each other's eyes. Finally their lips met. Ahsoka's lips were sweet like the fruit they ate on Kashyyyk. Just the memory of being taken from her, her cries of pure terror, sent a shiver down Rex's spine. Ahsoka's arms dangled around Rex's neck and he pulled her closer, his hands falling to her hips.

Lux cleared his throat and they parted. Ahsoka looked down, blushing just slightly. She giggled a bit before looking up at Rex, who was just giving Lux a nasty look. Rex's attention went back on Ahsoka and a wide grin spread across his face.

"We made it," he whispered.

"I'm so glad you're alright" Ahsoka murmured, burying her face into Rex's chest.

"What happened?" Rex asked, "All I remember is blaster shots flying everywhere and you leading me to the ship. Then everything went black"

Ahsoka bit her lip, "I flew us off the star destroyer then some problems came up" "I was about to jump to light speed and an enemy ship hit our hyper drive" she explained, "We were flying fine for a bit but eventually started to jump from system to system. Until we crashed here"

"Where exactly is here?" Rex questioned looking around.

"Onderon" Ahsoka said.

"And the ship?" Rex asked.

"It's in ruins," Ahsoka started, "But I'm sure we can go back to the wreck and still save some supplies as well as your armor"

"Then what are we waiting for?" Rex took Ahsoka's hand into his own.

"Well I was waiting for you but seeing as you're finally okay..." Ahsoka trailed off.

"Then let's go," Rex declared, giving Ahsoka a soft peck on her forehead.

He wasn't hesitating to show Lux who was boss. Rex couldn't stand the thought of this little boy getting in the way. From the start Rex had a clear disliking for Lux. When helping the rebels Rex noticed how ignorant and stubborn he was. He would go against the plans, which especially made Rex upset.

"I'll come too" Lux intervened, "I could help look for anything left that might be of use"

Rex muttered something under his breath about Lux being a shavit face, coughing to hide the insult. Lux clearly heard it and a look of surprise flashed across his face.

"I can help!" Lux protested.

Ahsoka put a hand on Rex's shoulder. He was going to love this.

"Rex" she started, "You know he's right"

Rex rolled his eyes and smirked, crossing his arms.

"I know you don't exactly like him right now" Ahsoka muttered, "But he knows this planet a lot better than we do" "You would have died if he didn't help me bring you to this camp"