16

They walked for a while, Lux pouting the whole time about Rex and Ahsoka's flirty attitudes to each other. He crossed his arms and tried to focus on something else. But then Ahsoka would laugh and Rex would look at her like she was the most precious thing in the world. Lux wished that Ahsoka would notice his attitude and try talking to him. But she didn't. She was too busy with Rex.

When they arrived back at the camp the trio stopped dead in their tracks. The tents were on fire, bodies were scattered on the ground, and people weeping filled the silence. Ahsoka stood with her mouth open, while Lux rushed over in horror. He ran to one boy in particular, Ahsoka saw him talking with the boy earlier. The boy was lying on the ground, writhing. Lux pulled him up and into his arms. Snapping out of her trance, Ahsoka ran over to the pair with Rex close behind.

"Trey what happened?" Lux asked, flustered.

"We didn't even see it coming..." Trey rasped, eyes fluttering, "They took the children.... for their army"

"Who?" Lux asked, choking on his words.

"The Empire"

Ahsoka felt a shiver cover her entire body. She scooted just a little closer to Rex. He noticed her fear and wrapped an arm around her. The Empire knew they were here. They had to get off Onderon, fast.

Trey went on, "They were led by someone covered in this black armor. He had a red light saber and choked anyone who resist-"

Trey went into a coughing fit and Ahsoka's eyes grew wide. Anakin. Ahsoka clasped a hand over her mouth to stifle a cry of terror. Rex looked to her with worried eyes, his lip curled in anger.

"What was his name?" Lux pressed.

"It was-" Trey muttered, "Vader..."

Ahsoka flinched and buried her face in Rex's chest. Trey's body went limp in Lux's arms and his harsh breathing stopped. Lux squeezed his eyes shut and bit his lip. He could barely stand to look at his friend. He closed Trey's eyes with his fingers and gently laid him back down on the ground.

"Lux-" Ahsoka started, but he cut her off.

"The Empire will pay" Trey sputtered, "So will whoever this Vader is"

"They came here looking for us" Rex pointed, "We need to find a ship and leave as soon as possible"

"So you're the reason why they came here?" Lux snarled, his brows knit.

"Look kid, we need to get out of here so no one else gets hurt" Rex started, "Do you know where we can find a place to buy a ship?"

Lux scoffed, "You brought them here"

Lux stomped towards Rex, trying his best to look intimidating.

"I'm sorry Lux we had no idea" Ahsoka muttered putting a hand on his shoulder.

He shoved it off and turned his gaze to Ahsoka.

"I trusted you!" he cried, "I helped your friend and gave you a place to stay! And this is how you repay me?"

"Lux please!" Ahsoka pleaded, "I'm so sorry!"

Lux scrunched up his face, a tear falling down his rough cheek. He threw one last glare at the pair before dashing to help the survivors. Ahsoka and Rex did the same. Thankfully the medical tent was still standing, though it looked pretty rough. Lux, Rex, and Ahsoka helped to get the injured to the medical tent, calling over nurses and doctors. By the time they were finished the large tent was packed, full with patients.

Lux couldn't stomach what had happened. He hadn't been here when these people needed him most. He hadn't been here when Trey needed him. Trey had been his best friend and had helped set up this camp. Just the thought of being without him made Lux feel sick. He wished Ahsoka and Rex had never crashed here in the first place. Then all of this wouldn't have happened. It was all their fault. All Rex's fault. Even though Lux knew it wasn't true, it helped in a way to blame his mistake on someone else. Especially Rex.