The bright rays of the morning sun peaked in the shelter. Rex and Ahsoka were lying next to each other, in a deep sleep. The clone and former Jedi slept peacefully, their legs tangled. Ahsoka's head was on Rex's chest and his arm was holding her close to him. The cry of an Oryyka Howler echoed through the jungle, waking the two.

"Huh?" Ahsoka gasped, her eyes fluttering open.

Rex gave a long groan and yawned as he opened his eyes as well. For a moment neither noticed how they were cuddled next to each other. The lantern of Phosfleas was pushed to the side, in a corner of the tent. Then Rex looked down and his eyes widened. Ahsoka jumped up from where she was laying, her cheeks a light scarlet. Rex rubbed the back of his neck and sat up quickly.

"Sorry...I-" Rex started.

"No it was just-... You know-" Ahsoka said quickly.

"Yeah" Rex finished.

The awkwardness settled in and Rex did a mental forehead smack. The two outcasts stayed in silence letting the sounds of the animals waking fill the shelter. Ahsoka wondered how they had gotten so close over the night. Was it an accident or had Rex done it on purpose? She knew for sure that when she fell asleep she was at least a foot away from Rex. Rex wondered the same thing. Had they just drifted towards one another? Ahsoka's stomach let out a loud growl and she clutched it clearly embarrassed.

"Right" Rex muttered, "Food"

He hopped to his feet and jogged over to where he left the Sathog they hadn't eaten. But when he arrived he only found bones and blood stained grass. He let out a long sigh and walked back over to the tent.

"Guess some beasts beat us to it" he grumbled.

"There is a jungle with hungry animals surrounding us" Ahsoka pointed out, "What did you expect?"

"I at least would have thought they would find their own food" Rex mumbled.

Ahsoka smirked and crossed her arms, "Does that mean we are catching our own breakfast?"

"It does," Rex sighed.

The duo headed out into the forest. Rex was in front, slashing leaves, and vines out of their way with a vibroblade. Ahsoka followed close behind him watching out for any predators hunting for a meal. Sure they would have weapons and blasters to defend themselves. But successfully defeating the animal was another story.

Rex grunted as he sliced another plant in half. Ahsoka smiled and hopped over an uprooted tree. Everything here was an obstacle. Another challenge on the game of survival. A low growl thundered through the trees and both Rex and Ahsoka stopped in their tracks.

"What was that?" Rex asked brow knit.

"Probably a Tach" Ahsoka stated, "They're herbivores, eating fruits they find on the forest floor"

"You know a lot about the animals here," Rex pointed out.

"All thanks to my Jedi training I suppose" she said, "You've got to know most of the planets and what dangers you may face there"

Rex gave a quick nod before continuing his trek. Ahsoka listened closely to hear more growling. Something was coming. Rex stopped cutting and looked up to the huge Wroshyr trees all around them.

"Hide!" Ahsoka hissed diving behind a small rock.

Rex jumped next to her and they both crouched low to the ground. Just as they were out of sight a huge animal covered in grey fur stomped through the trees. It stopped and gave a quick look around. It had white fur covering it's odd shaped face. It's mouth, hands, and the tips of its knees were a darker maroon. The furry animal sat down, plucking the nearby bush clean of fruit.