10

Ahsoka stumbled back, she suddenly remembered about Plo koon. He was gone now too. She gasped for breath tearing at her neck. Plo Koon, the Jedi that was more of a father to Ahsoka than anyone. He had helped her when she was just a girl. She heaved, bending over, and choking back tears. No, no, he couldn't be gone. For Ahsoka loved him. There was always a special place in her heart for him ever since she joined the Jedi order. Just the thought of him gone killed her. It felt like her insides were getting tangled together.

Images, memories, flashed through Ahsoka's head faster than she could take. Plo with the wolfpack, the look on his face when he was in battle, how he had shook hands with her when she was only a girl. She fell to her knees and stifled a cry of pain. How could this happen? Why was this happening?

Ahsoka wished she knew. Then maybe she could find a way to stop it before more innocent people got hurt. She pulled herself together, taking deep breaths. Then she snatched the blaster Rex had given her and walked off the ship. She watched as a couple birds flew by, swiftly gliding through the air. There were two of them, and they perched next to each other on a tree branch. The birds snuggled up next to each with a soft coo.

Suddenly Ahsoka heard a low growl. She whirled around searching for what creature was the cause. It snarled again coming from behind her. She tightened her grip on the blaster in her hand. The growling stopped. Then she heard it in front of her. She could just barely make out a rough outline of the creature. But Ahsoka could not tell what it was. The creature began to stalk Ahsoka moving closer and closer to her.

Ahsoka didn't move and just closed her eyes. She felt the force in the creature and could tell where it was moving. It was drawing near to her. Ahsoka wanted to scream. She wanted to shout at the creature and tell it to leave. She wanted to ask the universe why. Why was the world turning upside down? From the Jedi, to the republic, to Rex getting captured, Plo Koon dying, the clones turning, now this. Why did everything bad have to happen to her? But she only stayed silent. She was screaming though, internally.

The creature stayed still behind her and Ahsoka figured it was going in for the kill. It lunged at her and right before it got to her, Ahsoka leapt into the air. She gracefully performed a back flip over the animal, landing gently on her feet. Now that she could see the creature she recognized it.

It was a Kinrath. It was an ugly, mustard, color with a long neck and a nasty look. It bared its fangs and began to circle Ahsoka. There were only a couple types of Kinraths, all of which were dangerous. The worst was the Viper Kinrath. These Kinraths held deadly poison, and were stronger, tougher than any of the other species.

The beast had four grotesque legs and Ahsoka spotted the poison filled stinger near its face. This was a Viper Kinrath. She swallowed hard before aiming the blaster at the creature. It growled in horror and Ahsoka shot it in the neck. The animal screamed in agony and shook its head back and forth. It threw Ahsoka a nasty look then jumped forward, attempting to slice her with its legs. Ahsoka dodged it, swiftly diving to the side.

The Kinrath gave a roar of anger and dug at the ground. The poison tipped stinger glinted in the sunlight, catching Ahsoka's eyes. If only she could cut it off and give the beast a taste of its own medicine. The creature growled and began to charge at Ahsoka. It was mad.

"Take him to a more secure cell!" Dogma barked, "Questioning will begin soon"

The clones on either side of Rex shoved him forward. They had striped him of his stolen armor so that he was back in his regular clothes again. Rex glared at Dogma, only for Dogma to return it right back. The clones led Rex out of the hanger and down a long dark hallway. Wherever they were taking him, it was going to be a lot worse than Rex's previous cell. The lights above them flickered, and the screaming of prisoners set the mood.