13

Ahsoka guided the ship farther and farther away from the star destroyer. Just then several tie fighters flew out of the hangar and after them. Ahsoka groaned and tightened her grip on the controls. The fighters began firing at the ship, damaging the deflector shield. Ahsoka grunted as the ship was flung forward.

"For Kriffs sake" she muttered, flying the ship away from the tie fighters.

They were persistent, never missing a chance to tear more of the ship apart. There were only three but that didn't stop them from doing damage. Ahsoka made a sharp turn, hoping to lose them. No such luck.

Two were on her tail and Ahsoka went faster. She pulled a lever and the ship stopped moving. It began to float helplessly, without gravity to pull it to the ground. The pilots in the ties didn't see this coming and flew right past Ahsoka.

Ahsoka took this moment to shoot at them. A plasma charge hit one, causing it to crash into the other. Ahsoka felt a wide grin spread across her face. But there was still one more.

The last one wasn't giving up without a fight, and pushed forward. It was on her tail, not daring to venture in front of Ahsoka. It shot at the ship, making it shake vigorously. There was no time, Ahsoka needed to get Rex help. She didn't have time for this.

Ahsoka put in the coordinates of a nearby planet and pushed the button to jump to hyperspace. Just before the ship jumped to light speed, the tie fighter blasted the hyper drive. The ship shook and then jumped into the illuminated tunnel. Ahsoka gave a sigh or relief and slouched in her chair, the damage to the hyper drive going unnoticed.

She turned the autopilot on and ran back to the medical room. Rex was on a bed, the life support tubes and devices all set up on him. He was alive for now, Ahsoka saw as his chest rose and fell. She walked up to him and intertwined her fingers with his own.

"Stay with me Rex" she begged, "Please"

She let go of his hand, it falling at his side. Then she leaned over and gently kissed his cheek. His skin was cold. Ahsoka  jumped back and put a hand to her lips in shock. She wasn't used to it, usually his warm skin was one of the only things that comforted her. Without it Ahsoka shivered and sat down next to the injured clone.

He had to stay alive, Ahsoka couldn't stand to think of a life without him in it. She needed him. This was exactly the reason why she didn't want to get too close to Rex. She didn't want to lose him. It would be terribly lonely, not to mention excruciating without him.

Ahsoka shook off the thought and checked the nearby monitor. Rex's heart rate was steady for a moment, but then began to slowly decrease. His wounds were still unattended, the blood from them spilling over the bed and dripping onto the ground. The amount of blood he was losing could be fatal.

Suddenly Ahsoka had an idea. She remembered back on Kashyyyk where she healed Rex after the Blastails attacked him. Maybe she could do the same for this situation. But last time it drained her, making Ahsoka very weak. When she healed him it was like taking a part of her soul and giving it to Rex. If she gave too much, she could die.

She had to try though. Even if it meant risking her life, she had to try. For Rex. He would do the same for her.

"I hope this works," Ahsoka mumbled, pressing her palm to Rex's chest.

Ahsoka visualized a piece of herself being taken away. She imagined that piece going and healing Rex. Eventually she could feel as Rex's skin was being stitched back together. It was working. She kept focusing and her breathing became uneven.

Suddenly there was the feeling of a pull. A pull at Ahsoka's soul. Ahsoka couldn't stop it and began to feel as she was giving her life to Rex. She could see her core being taken from her own body and put into the clone beside her. No. She had to stop it. If she didn't she would die. She had to stay alive for Rex. Plus she didn't even know if her life would be enough to heal him.