19

Rex ran as fast as his legs could carry him. He had to get Ahsoka out of there. He could care less about Lux. His eyes darted everywhere, searching for a something, anything that could help him. The entire labyrinth of tunnels was shaking and tons of terrified workers ran every which way. In the middle of it all, Loomai. He stood there with a malicious look on his face.

"Why are you fools running!" he cried, "Afraid of the rocks? Get back to work, now!"

Rex couldn't help himself. He tackled the trandoshan, pinning him to the ground. Loomai hissed and snapped at Rex, but Rex was too strong for him.

"Listen" he growled, "It is taking all the strength I have right now not to kill you"

Loomai swallowed hard.

"So here's what you're gonna do. You're gonna stop treating your workers like animals and pay them whether you like it or not. You will also never set a foot near Ahsoka again, or so I will make your life so miserable you'll be begging for me to kill you"

The trandoshan's eyes grew very wide and he gave an abrupt nod. A smile tugged at Rex's lip. He was scared. Good.

"Do you understand?" he asked, his voice dangerously soft,

"Yes" Loomai hissed.

"Now where's your money? I think you owe us some credits" Rex demanded, getting off the reptilian being.

Loomai scrambled to his feet and Rex grabbed him by the arm.

"Don't even think about trying anything" he threatened, tightening his grip.

Loomai grumbled something under his breath before leading the way to a hut. They dashed inside and Rex started to rummage through everything, looking for credits. He finally found a large sack near the back of a drawer. He opened it up to see at least fifty-thousand credits filling the bag. He let out a small, hysteric, laugh. This was more than enough to buy a ship.

"You can't just take that!" Loomai protested.

"What? You gonna try and stop me?" Rex asked through his thick accent.

Loomai growled and shook his head. Rex smirked.

"That's what I thought"

He broke off into a sprint still looking for a tool to break Ahsoka out of the collapsed tunnel. He shoved the sack of credits into his pocket before pushing himself to go faster. He stumbled across a pile of tools used in the mine. Perfect. He spied a large pickaxe closer to the bottom of the pile. He pushed all the other tools out of the way, snatching the pickaxe from the pile. Then he ran. To where? He still didn't know.

His feet pounded the ground as he searched for any sign of Ahsoka. He ran for awhile, growing angrier and angrier that he still hadn't found Ahsoka. He roared in fury and chucked the pickaxe to the ground. Nothing. Suddenly he remembered something Ahsoka had said. "Trust in the force" He wanted to keep running, hoping to eventually find his Soka. But if he did, he might end up being too late. So as silly as it felt, he took a deep breath and stopped.

He closed his eyes and focused on Ahsoka. He had to slow down. Where was she? He barely noticed all the other workers running past him. He didn't focus on anything but Ahsoka. That's when he heard it. The faint cry of help. It was too close to the one he heard when he was taken from Ahsoka back on Kashyyyk. His heart ached and his eyes shot open.

"Ahsoka" he breathed.

He picked up the pickaxe and followed his ears to the cry of help, that was so desperate. He just hoped he wasn't too late.

Back at the cave, Ahsoka and Lux were both fighting for their lives now. Carbon Dioxide poisoning seeped into their veins, and made it hard for them to survive. It didn't help that the gash on Ahsoka's leg wasn't getting any better. She was loosing a lot of blood, adding to the light headed feeling. Ahsoka could barely keep her eyes open. She wanted so bad to give in. Give into sleep, and the darkness that followed. But she knew she shouldn't. She had to stay awake for Rex. He would come and save them.