Conglomeration

I come up with a lot of ideas, but not all of them become fully-fledged stories or turn out how I hoped, so these are the snippets that I liked too much to delete. Enjoy 5000 words of fluff!

"Hey G, wassup?" Ren trotted over time where Grian was sitting in the grass. He was by himself, tucked in a small alcove outside the shopping district. Grian glanced up from his lap, waving brightly to Ren.

"Hey Ren, just sitting around. Care to join me?"

"Of course cutie! Whatcha working on?" Ren plopped down next to Grian, glancing in his lap. In Grian's hands rested an intricate flower crown, filled with countless flowers Ren didn't even know the names of. "Woah..."

Grian smiled bashfully. "You want it? I made it with my love."

"I always want your love Grian." Ren accepted the crown gratefully, setting it on his head. Grian giggled, reaching up to straighten it. Their faces grew close together as Grian leaned over him, fixing his hair. "Dang you look good," Ren uttered breathlessly.

Grian glanced at him, flushing brightly. "Aw, you flatter me! You should see yourself though, you're practically perfect!"

Ren stammered, unsure what to say. He felt his face heat up, something he didn't know was possible. How could Grian say he was perfect, when Grian was clearly the stunning one?

Grian interrupted his stupor with a lilting laugh. "I've never seen you blush before!"

"Oh, really? I guess you really get my heart beating!" Ren smiled stupidly as Grian blushed again. Ren was more comfortable making other people blush than actually doing it himself.

"Wait, really? Do you mean that?"

Ren paused and thought for a moment. He always complimented hermits, regardless of who it was, but this felt different somehow. He could never come up with the right words to describe Grian, and his stomach was in knots whenever he was around him. Is this was real love feels like? "I just... I don't have the right words to express how I feel about you."

"Well then what are you trying to say?"

"I..."

Ren gazed into Grian's eyes, marveling at the way they glowed in the evening sun. Slowly, he placed a gentle kiss on Grian's cheek, who grinned and returned the kiss. Ren found himself curled up in Grian's lap, playing with the loose threads on Grian's jeans while Grian ran his fingers through his hair. They stayed like that for hours, enjoying the evening until the sun creeped behind the horizon.

—Keralis x Bdubs—

Cheers rang through the valley, but they didn't shatter the peaceful air of the warm winter evening. The sun had already fallen behind the hills, and small lanterns lit the valley like fireflies. Patches of snow hid in shadowy corners, but the evening was mild for December. Picnic tables were scattered throughout the glade, snacks and drinks readily available depending on what you were looking for. Lawn games were set up to the side, several hermits breaking off from the main group to play them. It was a picture-perfect evening.

"Oooo Keralis! Look above you!" Zedaph cooed, waggling a finger at him as he walked past.

Freezing in place, Keralis gave him a confused stare. Zed motioned upwards, so Keralis curiously glanced up. Giggling, he spotted Tango balancing on a table in order to dangle a sprig of mistletoe over his head with a fishing rod. "Ah, hello Tango! Why are you fishing for plants?"