10 Dungeon

Coddiwomple Trivia #5 : When you switch around the letters of Delphia's last name [Rotta], you get "tarot."

- - - - - - - - -

Delphia watched on in amusement as the Black Bull hideout was filled with its usual chaos. It filled her with mirth to see that despite the show of dislike and annoyance of individual members, the whole squad tended to have the habit of congregating in the main lounge when they had nothing to do. With the rare chance of having only a few papers to work on, she had taken a break to spend time with her fellow magic knights.

She fondly shook her head as Luck tried to persuade Magna to a fight, while the fire user sat eating his precious pudding on the back of their muscle-brained rookie. She couldn't help but be impressed with the kid's physical prowess. He was already nearing 1000 pushups, and his pace hasn't faltered one bit despite Magna's weight and the handicap of one arm.

"Silvantus Schnauzer!" Noelle cooed over the anti-bird that had made its home in Asta's hair.

Delphia bit back a snort. It seemed Noelle's naming sense hasn't improved a bit. To be fair, the Silva's did have a unique sense in naming things. Nebra and Noelle were indeed lucky to be named by their mother rather than their father. She can't imagine how bad it would have been, considering their brothers' names are Solid and Nozel.

But honestly, to name a bird after a dog breed.

"I think something else would be better..." Vanessa trailed off, her gaze wandering before stopping at the bottle in her hand, "Let's see... Like Wine! Wine?" She called, staring towards the bird who still held its blank expression.

"I will allow you to borrow a single letter from the name of my little sister, the goddess Marie." Gauche says, holding a picture of his sister, "I will let you take the "M." Be grateful."

"Make it something cooler! Like, let's see..." Magna closed his eyes in thought, "MAGNAM FIRE!"

Delphia rolled her eyes. Lame... She smirked as Noelle echoed her thoughts aloud.

"You have no taste, Lady Noe."

"More like you don't."

"Definitely, Toritaro!" Asta grinned, pausing in his pushups.

"No, it's Silvantus Schnauzer." Noelle denied.

Delphia stared at the anti-bird in contemplation, ignoring the back in forth between the two rookies, head tilting in thought. She blinked as the bird fluttered over to rest in her lap. She was dazed as she stroked its head gently with her forefingers.

"Tsubame?" She murmured.

"SU-TAME? WHAT'S THAT?"

Delphia winced at the volume before chuckling.

"Not that, kid. Tsu-ba-me," The vice-captain corrected, "It means Swallow in Yami's homeland."

Delphia blinked when she felt the bird freeze in her hands.

The squad oh'ed in awe at their vice captain's knowledge.

"You know how to speak Yami's mother tongue?" Vanessa blinked.

"Comes with the family," She commented much to their interest. Delphia didn't really talk about her family, and despite their rather known name, were quite reclusive on the inner workings of the family.

Delphia kept her eyes on the bird, shrugging her shoulders, "I don't think the bird likes the name, though."

Asta and Noelle's eyes brightened as they once again cried out their chosen names. Delphia breathed a laugh as the bird seemed to have had enough and flew over to peck the ash blond's head.