15 Resolve

Black Clover Trivia #8: Julius "heals" injuries by reversing the time on his and other people's wounds.

- - - - - - - - - -

Delphia munched lazily on a small plate of creamy shrimp pasta found among the prepared banquet. She kept to the small group she had accompanied, ignoring the tense atmosphere and inwardly cursing Julius for dragging her to the ceremony she had been hoping to avoid.

As her gaze shifted across the room, she sighed, switching her plate for a glass of wine. What luck... I can't even enjoy my favourite dish.

"The heck is this?! I've never eaten anything like this! So good!"

The vice-captain couldn't help but sigh heavier when she caught sight of Asta's rather unrefined table manners.

"How can you be so bold?" Klaus asked incredulously, "You're amazing, Asta."

"No, he's just unrefined," Yuno snubbed.

Practically tasting the displeasure thicken in the air, Delphia frowned, eyes glowing subtly beneath her lids as she took another casual sip of her wine.

"Vulgar peasant. Why did the Wizard King invite such lowborn scum?"

Delphia's eyes trailed to Alecdora, a member of the Golden Dawn who was actually three years her senior. Someone she currently held a grudge against for stealing William away during her visit, leading her to the tender mercy of her most beloved cousin, Langris.

"I can't sense any magic from him. Them capturing the dungeon must've been sheer luck."

Not like you could. Delphia mentally rolled her eyes. While a skilled mage and a bearer of immense endurance, Nebra's prowess was best against live foes. She'd be more of a hindrance on a dungeon mission than anything as her magic was more illusionary based and best for capture and even evasion.

"The way he eats is disgusting."

"It's unnatural for him to be here. Filthy rat."

Delphia's eyes narrowed dangerously as they snapped to the youngest Silva son. The fingers on her free hand twitched, a frown pulling on her lips.

"Man, listen to them tear into me. Good thing I'm used to it." Asta shrugged as he continued stuffing his face.

Delphia nearly anime fell at the blunt comment, sweatdropping at the boy. Ah... what nonchalance.

"You also have a peasant in your squad. The peasant who's forgotten his place since everyone fawns over him because of the four-leaf grimoire he has."

Delphia blinked, straightening as she realized who exactly made that comment.

"Leopold?" She frowned.

"I could've handled capturing that dungeon even better," The young Vermillion bragged.

"That's quite confident, crimson brat," Alecdora retorted, "It's not like we expect anything from that peasant. We are the ones who embody Lord Vangeance and the Golden Dawn's ideals."

"W-With all due respect..." Klaus began.

"That goes for you all well, Klaus. Aren't you ashamed, being here with your lack of skill?"

Delphia's hand tightened around her glass as Alecdora turned to degrade his own squad members. The glass cracked as Solid took his chance to speak up.

"Now, now. The most useless fool here... is you. Wouldn't you agree, Noelle?"

Noelle gasped as she was suddenly pushed aside into Asta. Her eyes widened as she looked over her shoulder, seeing the arm Solid was using to hold the glass he was going to pour on her, gripped in a lithe hand.