22 Deeper

Here's a pic of Delphia just out of bed! NOT MY WORK! I don't know who the original artist is, but I just switched the colour of the eyes and hair to match my character's. 

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Coddiwomple Trivia #11: Vale, Acier, Vandens and Julius are all close friends, and were each respectively nicknamed Jack, Ace, Queen, and King among their group.

- - - - - - - - - -

Nozel and Fuegoleon stood at attention, staring at the man in shock.

"Sir," Nozel breathed, "I had not realized you've returned from your travels."

The trio shivered as the man's cyan eyes, eyes identical to his daughter's, narrowed at them. His mana was tightly wound around him as if preparing to attack.

"Hello Nozel," The man tipped his head in greeting, "I cut my travels short when the news had reached me. My nephew was kind enough to inform me through the communication device I had given to my sister in case of any emergencies. Coincidently, a similar device was given to the Silva Castle for the same purpose."

Nozel held back a wince under Vale's meaningful gaze, inwardly cursing himself at his oversight.

"I was fortunate enough to have been nearby a location he's been before for us to rendezvous and return to the Capital."

The group was tense as the man's mana pressed down demandingly on their forms.

"Now tell me, how did my daughter end up in such poor conditions?" At their hesitant silence, he glared, "I want answers, and I want them now."

The captains' eyes met, Nozel's eye twitching revealing the only indication of his distress as he cleared his throat.

"I assume Heir Vaude had informed you of the recent events within the Capital upon your meeting?" Nozel inquired.

"You assume correctly," The older man acknowledged as he turned his gaze to roam the still form of his daughter. His eyes darkened as he took note of the bandages peeking out from beneath her cotton shirt, the blanket having been pulled down to keep Delphia cool in the warm room.

"Delphia had taken point as our strategist as was expected," Nozel began to explain, "During the attack, the Magic Knights she had been directing were divided among the districts to keep back the attackers as we focused on evacuating the citizens."

"It was only in the midst of the battle against one of the main instigators of the attack that we discovered their motive," Fuegoleon's fist clenched, brows furrowing in anger at the memory. Vale's eyebrow quirked, sensing the heat emanating from the Crimson Lion Captain as his mana mirrored his rage.

"And what was their motive?"

"Lord Julius believes the attack was a ruse in order to seize Fuegoleon's pendant," Nozel answered.