5

Have you ever been whacked in the head repeatedly with a blunt object and then hit by a train on top of it? If you have, then you might be able to understand how I felt the following morning. While numbing your pain with liquor may seem pleasurable, the hangover you wake up with is a brutal punishment. How I made it back into my bed was beyond me, but the smell of chlorine wafting off of my body hinted that I spent some time in the guest house pool before heading to my room. Honestly, everything after I started drinking was a blur. I felt that someone had been with me, but it was beyond me who it was or what we did. Waking up alone was a good sign that nothing too disastrous had happened. Accidentally sleeping with a member of the wedding party or someone from Yoohyeon's family would have made this week even worse than it already was.

Suddenly, there was an urgent knock coming from my bedroom door. I groaned and sunk deeper into the covers. My head was still pounding, and I felt pretty nauseous. The last thing I wanted to do was face the world of the living. Unfortunately, it looked like I wouldn't have much of a choice. Whoever was bothering me took my silence as their cue to burst inside.

"You're still not up yet? The tailor's gonna be here in twenty minutes! Geez, what did you do last night? You smell like a watered down distillery!" Gahyeon yelled, holding her nose when she caught a whiff of me.

"Crap, the tailor! I totally forgot. Minji's gonna kill me! Twenty minutes should be enough time to take a quick shower and get dressed. Thanks for coming to get me," I jumped into action despite my impaired state.

I dragged myself towards the nearest bathroom as fast as I could. On my way, I noticed Siyeon emerging from her room. I'm sure I looked like no picnic myself, but she looked like hell. Based on her disastrous state, I figured that she must have been my drinking buddy last night. She must have been much easier to deal with when drunk, because we clearly did some damage. Maybe she would have a better recollection of what we did. Sometimes ignorance was bliss when it came to drunken shenanigans, but given my current situation, I was wary of what I might have said or done. I didn't want to take any chances. As we crossed paths, we each gave the other a curt nod and headed our separate ways. Asking her would have to wait-I needed to gear myself up for this damn tailor's appointment.
~
Where there's a will there's a way, and that is my only explanation for how I survived the meeting with the tailor. Minji and Yoohyeon were as chipper as ever, overflowing with excitement as they welcomed her in. They were so excited that the entire conversation happened at an earsplitting volume. If that weren't bad enough, I had to watch Yoobin look at me with a face that screamed "I told you so" for the entire appointment. Curse her and her powers of observation. I wondered what gave me away. Perhaps it was my inability to stand up straight, or my look of pure exhaustion and misery. Either way, the bitch was right and she knew it. At least the brides were oblivious to what was ailing me. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I had disappointed Minji during her big week. I had really blown it by being so selfish. I would just have to deal with the consequences of my actions and not let it ruin things for her. On the bright side, misery loves company, and Siyeon was right there suffering beside me. She looked like she might keel over at any moment.

"Well, that should take care of everything. It looks like all loose ends are tied up, and everyone's dresses fit them like a glove. I must say, you lot make a beautiful bridal party. I wish you all the best for the big day. Cheers!" the tailor declared before exiting with a flourish.

Minji and Yoohyeon escorted her to the front door, giving me a chance to fall to the floor in relief. It sure was a blessing to be out of that damned dress. I would normally be grateful that Minji considered my figure worthy of something so tight, but not when I was recovering from a rough night. Between the harsh lighting of the fitting room, and the discomfort of the material, it was a miracle I didn't yack all over the tailor while she was cinching everything in place.