4

Evening rolled around sooner than expected. I thought I would have broken into the guest house's liquor cabinet by now, but I was actually enjoying myself. After we tried on our dresses, we were pretty much left to our own devices until dinnertime. Minji and Yoohyeon had wanted to meet with their families to discuss some more wedding stuff, so the bridesmaids were free to play while the brides were away.

Siyeon, as expected, retreated to her room to be alone. This time she at least had the decency to make up an excuse for her coldness, claiming that she wanted to practice her song for the wedding. Yoobin had excused herself to her room as well, explaining that she had a lot of work to do for a course she was taking. Apparently Yoobin was a graduate student in the literature program of some bigshot university. This left me, Handong, and Gahyeon free to do as we pleased. We ended up having tea together in the sunroom, chatting away. I was already close with Gahyeonie, but it was nice to get to know Handong better. I found out that she moved here because she wanted to be closer to Yoohyeon's family, who had all been so kind to her, and because there were a lot of great veterinary schools here. She was already cute enough without mentioning her love for animals. Handong was restoring my faith in humanity, and making me think that this wedding could actually be an enjoyable experience. At least I had met one nice person this week. My time getting to know her came to an end when the front door burst open.

"We're back! Who's ready for dinner and drinks by the pool?" Minji and Yoohyeon's voices chorused as they entered the house.

"Hooray! I've already got my favorite sundress on!" Gahyeon cheered, jumping up from the table.

Handong and I smiled at her eagerness and rose up from our seats more gracefully. I made sure to clear our dishes before anything else. No matter how much I disliked Yoohyeon, manners were manners. I wouldn't let my distaste for the hostess turn me into a heathen of a guest.

"Did I hear you say it's time for dinner? I'll be out in a moment. I just need to finish a few more pages of my required reading for class," Yoobin explained, poking her head out of her door.

"Ah, doing schoolwork while on vacation. You're such a nerd sometimes, Yoob," Yoohyeon teased.

"Be nice! She took time off her busy life as a student to be in our wedding. We should let her finish whatever she needs to. Plus, at least she's not locked away playing RPG games unlike a certain someone," Minji scolded playfully.

"Yeah, listen to your fiance! I'm glad you're marrying someone who makes up for your stupidity," Yoobin fired back, closing the door before Yoohyeon could retaliate.

Yoohyeon pouted at the sick burn she'd just received. Minji, Handong, and Gahyeon lost it laughing, and I couldn't help but smirk. Even though Yoobin didn't really mean it, it sure was satisfying to watch Yoohyeon get knocked down a peg.

"Ha ha, very funny. Let's all laugh at Yoohyeon. Anyways, has anybody seen Siyeon? I'm guessing she's in her room too. She's always been a bit of a homebody. I'll go check on her," Yoohyeon huffed, marching off.

Minutes later, Yoohyeon returned with Siyeon by her side. The latter looked like a ray of sunshine as usual, her eyes red and puffy. It was hard to tell whether this was because she had been napping, or because she'd been crying over Yoohyeon. Whichever it was, she was clearly annoyed about having been interrupted and being forced to interact with us all again. Minji could sense that she was unhappy, and like the angel she was, tried to take everyone's attention away from her.

"Perfect, now we're all here! Bora, I have been telling everybody what an amazing cook you are. Do you think you could make dinner tonight? I'm sorry to spring this on you, but Yoohyeon and I thought everyone would appreciate a home-cooked meal, and neither one of us is any good at making food. Would you mind?" Minji turned to me, giving me the adorable expression she always used to get her way.