11

As you can probably guess, the conversation between the two brides was not a happy one. While we couldn't hear everything, the bits we picked up made it clear that everything was not sunshine and rainbows at the moment. Eventually, us bridesmaids had gotten sick of eavesdropping and went to find other things to preoccupy ourselves with. Siyeon and Yoobin had the bachelorette party to finish planning for tomorrow, assuming everything was still on schedule for this week. Handong and Gahyeon, bummed out about how their event had gone, decided to watch a movie to take their minds off of the shower. Not knowing where else to go, I just headed for my bedroom.There was too much happening, and I was beginning to feel overwhelmed. I needed to be alone and think. I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling and desperately trying to rid myself of my troublesome feelings.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door. I kept quiet, hoping that whoever it was would assume I was sleeping and head on their way. Unfortunately, Siyeon, the source of the knock, let herself in anyways. I groaned and buried my head in the pillows. I really didn't have the strength to deal with her right now. Everything wrong with me was essentially her fault. Siyeon seemed confused by my actions, but sat down on the bed next to me.

"Dude, what is up with you? I sensed something was off when you went after Minji. I mean, you should have been ready to do a jig based on how perfectly today went. What's the matter? Don't tell me you're going soft. I know it sucks to see your best friend upset, but did you think she was gonna be twirling around singing Disney songs while her marriage falls apart? Talk to me, I want to fix whatever's going on," she spoke up, poking my cheek.

"I'm fine, there's nothing to worry about. Don't you have a bachelorette party to plan?" I brushed her off, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Yoobin and I are taking a break. Anyways, you don't sound fine," she insisted, staring me down.

The way she looked at me got my heart fluttering once again. Against my will, I could feel my cheeks reddening. Damn it, what was wrong with me? Why was I making everything so much more complicated? What was it about Siyeon that got me like this anyways? I mean, sure her voice could make anyone's panties drop, and the way she carried herself made me feel small and delicate as if I could slip into her arms and she could protect me forever, but was that any reason to disregard a crush I've had for over twenty years? Damn it, Bora, pull it together! I began slapping my cheeks furiously. Siyeon's eyes widened and she grabbed my hands to stop me.

"Bro, what the heck are you doing? You're acting so strange. Why won't you just tell me what's bothering you? We're teammates, and dare I say, friends, now. You can tell me anything," she insisted, still holding onto my hands as she gazed into my eyes intently.

I decided to give her at least half of the story in order to get her off my back. I would leave out the part involving my unnecessary, blossoming feelings for her. I was hoping that part would go away soon enough. After all, she was clearly still dedicated to winning Yoohyeon's heart. Not to mention, it's not like I no longer loved Minji. There was just a new, unforeseen complication in the mix.

"I'm okay, really, I am. Your first guess was right, it just really killed me seeing Minji so upset. When we were alone in her room, she was telling me what a good friend I was. How can I just let her say that stuff when I'm out here trying to ruin her wedding?" I explained, giving Siyeon a sad smile.

Siyeon nodded, "That totally makes sense. Eventually the guilt would have set in sooner or later. I'm sure I'd have felt the same way if it was Yoohyeon who had been torn apart like that. Still, you just gotta remember who you're doing all of this for. Minji's tears today are nothing compared to the lifetime of smiles you can promise her when you're together," she consoled me, rubbing comforting circles on my back.