8

Once Siyeon and I had settled down a bit, we were ready to start getting down to business. We both still felt pretty shitty, but we had work to do. Thankfully, we had been left alone thus far and there seemed to be no signs of that changing anytime soon. Gahyeon and Handong were still getting things ready for the shower tomorrow, Yoobin was busy with her schoolwork, and Minji and Yoohyeon probably wouldn't be back for a little while longer, which meant we had plenty of time to start concocting our plan. Now that I had committed to breaking up Minji and Yoohyeon's marriage, I was going to give it my best effort. Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all, as they say.

"Okay, so obviously our end goal is for Minji and Yoohyeon to be with each of us, but that is the less important part of our plan. The more important part is turning them against each other, since we're on a time crunch with the wedding being so soon. The good thing is, it'll be easier for us to pull this off since we know them both so well. I think the best way to tear them apart is by capitalizing on their weaknesses, as well as their differences. They say opposites attract, but a relationship needs to have some common ground in order for it to work. The more we make them realize that they aren't a good fit, the sooner they'll have second thoughts about getting married. Obviously, I know all about Minji, but what can you tell me about Yoohyeon that we can use? What's her greatest weakness? Does she have any pet peeves? Help me out here!" I started brainstorming, poking Siyeon and urging her to join in.

"Wow, I'm sure glad I got you on my side! You seem like a real force to be reckoned with," the other girl chuckled before continuing, "As for Yoohyeon, I love her just the way she is, but she definitely has some annoying qualities. Most of them are her family's fault. I would say that her biggest weakness is how pretentious and judgemental she can be, especially when it comes to academic topics. I remember one time she nagged me for like five hours because I'd never heard of this one author she loves," Siyeon mused, scratching her chin.

My eyes sparkled at this information. I'd been worried that it would be impossible to break up two people who seemed so perfect on the surface, but beauty really is only skin deep.

"This will be even easier than I thought! Minji's sweet as can be, but she's a bit of an airhead when it comes to high culture. Is Yoohyeon into fitness? Minji is the queen of exercising, she spends hours at the gym just about every day," I mentioned.

Siyeon snorted, "Yoohyeon's idea of a good workout is playing Wii Sports. She was lucky she had me around to lift anything heavy for her when we were classmates."

"Well, this can all prove very useful for splitting them up. It can also help us make ourselves look better. You can show off how much you know about Yoohyeon's favorite artists, authors, and composers, while I can show off how in shape I am. We'll have to be subtle, of course, but I think that will be a really good place to start driving a wedge between them," I pointed out.

"What about sabotaging this week's events? I know it sounds terrible, but if everything starts to go wrong, maybe Minji and Yoohyeon will take it as a sign that things aren't meant to be," Siyeon proposed.

"Why, that is just diabolical! You are proving to be quite useful. I may be a terrible best friend for condoning this, but all's fair in love and war," I approved, giving Siyeon a thumbs up.

"I'm glad you acknowledge my genius," Siyeon winked, blowing me a kiss.

I rolled my eyes, "Save it for Yoohyeon, hotshot. Anyways, you're totally right about ruining the week's events. We can start with the bridal shower tomorrow. I'm gonna feel bad since Gahyeon and Handong worked so hard, but this plan will have to involve some casualties for the greater good. Any suggestions on what we should do?" I prompted her.