9

Once the brides had returned from their meeting with their families, they were eager to gather everyone in the parlor for an evening of bridal party bonding. Siyeon and I wanted to use this time to test the waters with our tactics of marriage destruction. We would have to be careful about our alcohol consumption, in order to avoid any snafus. Not to mention, neither one of us was keen on the idea of nursing another wicked hangover for the shower tomorrow. We would need to be in the right mindset to make sure that tomorrow's events went off without a hitch, aka with as many hitches as possible. Tonight was to be a simple, harmless endeavor for both of us.

"Alright, how do I look?" I turned around, displaying my outfit for Siyeon to evaluate.

The other girl was seated on my bed, looking at her phone in order to prepare her secret weapon for this evening's shenanigans. When she looked up, her jaw dropped. I smirked, pleased that my appearance could elicit that reaction. Hopefully it would garner a similar one from Minji.

"Holy shit," was Siyeon's answer to my previous question.

"I'm assuming that's a compliment. Do I look good enough to ruin a marriage?" I pressed.

"If I was getting married, I'd definitely have second thoughts if I saw you in that," Siyeon assured me, eyeing me up and down in admiration.

"Good to know," I winked at her before continuing, "Now then, let's get down to business."

The two of us shared conspiratorial glances before linking arms and heading out to join the others in the parlor. It was go-time.
~
Everyone else was already engaged in some kind of activity when Siyeon and I made our grand entrance as the last to arrive. Yoohyeon and Yoobin were setting up a game on the coffee table, Yoobin rattling off what she read on the instruction manual while Yoohyeon put the pieces together. Handong was watching them with quiet interest, sipping from a cup of tea. Gahyeon and Minji were attacking the snack table, their plates piled high with whatever goodies had been stashed in the room.

Minji noticed our presence, and intended to greet us (despite her mouth being full), but immediately choked on her food when she noticed my choice of attire for the evening. Gahyeon's eyes widened and she rushed to pat her back and dislodge whatever was in her throat. I was of course concerned about my best friend, but it was hard to hide my excitement at her reaction to my appearance. This was already going better than I could have hoped.

You see, for the evening's activities, Minji and Yoohyeon had instructed everyone to wear their pajamas. While everyone else had opted for cuter, more innocent sleepwear options, I had chosen one of my most revealing sets. The outfit definitely bordered on the classification of lingerie, but could also be considered a very sexy tank top and shorts combo, depending on who was judging. Siyeon and I had figured that sex appeal would be my strongest weapon for winning Minji over, and tonight gave the perfect excuse to start working this angle. Based on Minji's behavior, it seemed to be working. Siyeon and I caught each other's eye and smirked. The plan was already set in motion.

Minji finally caught her breath and swallowed whatever had almost killed her. She gave Gahyeon a thankful smile for saving her life, but Gahyeon was no longer paying attention to her. The younger girl had noticed my getup and was looking at me as if I had five heads. The other girls had noticed as well. Handong put a hand to her mouth at my scandalous appearance, but quickly removed it so as not to be rude. Yoobin looked concerned for a moment, but shrugged and went back to reading the instruction manual. I wasn't surprised that she was unbothered. She probably didn't give a shit about dress codes.

Yoohyeon, as expected, was trying to hide her distaste, but failing miserably. She forced a smile on her face in order to be a gracious hostess, but I could see right through that act. She was probably calling me all kinds of old-fashioned names in her head like "harlot" and "hussy." Thinking about Yoohyeon calling me these things in a stuffy medieval accent almost made me laugh out loud. Thankfully, I was able to keep it together. An awkward silence had fallen over the room, most likely caused by my outfit choice. Minji ended up being the one to break it.