Lilies and Roses

Myoui Rich Mina on her way to Chaeyoung's graduation ceremony

“Congratulations, Chaeyoungie!” Mina said as she hands her girlfriend a bouquet of pink lilies and roses before enclosing her into a tight hug. A couple of minutes had passed before they released each other.

Mina lovingly cupped her girl’s face, looking at her like she’s the most adorable human being. “I love you. I’m so proud of you, baby!” She whispered then planted soft kiss on her forehead, and a sweet chase kiss on her lips.

“I know. Thank you so much! I still can’t believe it!” Chaeyoung is smiling from ear-to-ear, showing her dimple. The dimple that stole the heart of a penguin 2 years ago.

“Why? Of course you deserve your diploma. You worked really hard to achieve your dreams.”

“Yeah. It’s just that. The last year has been a hell for me. It put me on edge. Thank you so much for staying by my side, baby. I wouldn’t make it without you.”

“I didn’t do that much. Just your moral support.”

“But that’s the most important thing! Your support is the very reason why I managed to finish my studies. Your encouraging words. The coffee you make me keeps me awake so I completed my thesis. Your warm hugs and kisses. Your sweet voice that comforts me. I can’t thank you enough, Minari. And I’m so happy we could be together now. I will find a job and we could live together.” Chaeyoung raises her head to look at her girlfriend, who’s fondly looking at her.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She chuckles softly.

“Like what?” Mina smiles back.

Her eyes are still looking at her cub, implanting in her mind all the features of this woman whom she loves so much. She doesn’t really need to stare at Chaeyoung to remember her face. She knows every little detail of her. Her expressive eyes, her nose crunch, her oh-so-deep dimple, her slightly crooked teeth. Oh boy, the way she laugh so loud while clapping her hands when she’s happy, the way her lips are slightly parted open when she takes a nap, and the way her eyebrows frowns when she gets confused over something.

“Like any moment,  I'll disappear from your eyes.  haha And why are you wearing your heels? Tch, I can’t reach you. I wanted to kiss you.” Chaeyoung pouts and whines.

Mina’s heart skips a beat. This woman never fail to pursue her using her cuteness. “I’ll be the one kissing you then.”

-----

Chaeyoung felt Mina’s soft lips landed on hers as she closed her eyes. More than 10 seconds passed by and its still there, just on her lips, not moving or deepening the kiss.

Chaeyoung opened her eyes as she felt some liquid thing fell on her cheeks. Upon opening her eyes, she saw Mina’s close eyes, dripping wet from tears.

“Why are you crying, Minari?” The cub’s eyes are full of worry, not knowing the reason why she’s crying.

She panicked for a brief second before clearing her mind and getting a handkerchief and wiping away the tears that are streaming down the face of her girlfriend.

Mina hugged the cub tightly, preventing her from making any movement. “Let’s just… Let me hug you for a while. Let’s stay like this for a while, Chaeyoung-ah.”

“Why? Why are you crying? Baby, please tell me.”

Mina is trying to control herself from weeping. But feeling the warmest hug from her cub, inhaling her familiar fragrance, and realizing that she’s been used to her kisses and sweet gestures. She can’t help but cry. It’s breaking her heart. You know when you’re so fncked up and lonely and you’re questioning the universe why everything is not going according to plan?

Why everything keeps messing up, and you keep making mistakes and you just wanted to lie down on your bed, cover yourself with blanket and cry your heart out? Then you will feel some familiar warmth soothing your back, easing your tired and broken heart. Telling you that everything will be alright. Chaeyoung feels like that. Chaeyoung feels like home.

Tho, Chaeyoung badly wanted to know why this girl in her arms is sobbing, she knows her very much. She knows that she need time, and when she’s ready, she’ll tell her everything.

“I’m sorry, baby.” Mina whispered after sometime, still locked in her arms.

“Why are you saying sorry? What are you sorry for? There’s nothing to be sorry about.” Chaeyoung said, gently tapping her girlfriends back, trying to calm her. “And it’s my graduation today. I don’t accept sorry. I only accept hugs and kisses.”

“I know it’s supposed to be the best day. But, there’s no other time to tell you this.”

“You’re making me worried. And nervous, too.” Chaeyoung said. Yes, she’s nervous. She could feel cold sweats forming on her forehead. And this uneasiness in her heart. “It’s not like we’re in a movie or drama that before we reach the end of our happy story, some villain would appear, right? It’s not like the clichés where your parents are forcing you to marry someone for business. LoL.. That really is cliché.” Chaeyoung laughs a little.

But Mina’s silence are slowly breaking her heart.

Chaeyoung’s arms, which has been keeping Mina in a tight hug, slowly slide down, until Mina can’t feel her warmth anymore. She’s standing in front of her – just a few inches away. But why does it feel like she’s too far from her. Why does it feel like if she reached out her hand, she would disappear? And everything that happened between them is just an illusion, or a good memory. She's afraid to close her eyes again,  even just to blink for half a second.  She's afraid that the moment she opened her eyes,  she wont see her again.

Hours passed by,  almost all of the graduates and parents had left the event hall. Just some cleaning attendants are removing the decorations and piling up the chairs.

In the far corner of the hall, a certificate holder with a diploma inside can be found on the floor with a bouquet of flowers above it, some of the petals scattered. And a woman sitting on the ground, crying her heart out, questioning the universe – WHY?

--- NEXT CHAPTER ~~

KINDLY JUMP TO LILIES,  ROSES AND WEDDING BELLS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

~~MiChaeng_Berries~~

Yo, readers and commenters. Author-nim loves you.

And to all my new readers, welcome aboard our MiChaeng Ship.

aziraidris
Jaehyun_00
JunWooBP
Epixgaming2455
Blueskyqwheen
Minaloveschae
Nine9tw2
Jeannybacsal
RhiannaMarieDelaPena
Twicelover1234
Me_myself_and1
Oncey_Ton
Musajska
Owmyfattyyy08