Chapter 1 - Annabelle

Annabelle's P.O.V.

I'm Annabelle Jones, Belle for short. I'm 18 years old, and I'm a huge fan of The Beatles. I have their first four records, and I like listening to them during my free time.

Whoa, hold up! I'm getting ahead of myself! Let's back it up a notch so I can tell you about the people in my life, starting with my family. I live with my mom, Dolly, my dad, Alfred, my older sister, Abigail, and my younger brother, Nathan. I'm the middle child in the Jones residence. Abigail is 24 and Nathan is 10.

Now let's move onto friends. I don't have a lot, but at least I have a best friend in my life. Her name is Riley Lopez, and she's a Beatles fan too. I'll let you in on a little secret... Riley has a little bit of a crush on the lead guitarist of the group, George Harrison.

As for me, I normally don't crush on band members, but my heart began to beat super fast as I took first glance at the cute bassist, Paul McCartney. I mean come on, who can resist that face? He even has the most beautiful eyes that every girl could fall in love with! Anyway, Riley owns The Beatles' first four records as well. She listens to them while doing her chores, because it's always fun to have music while you're working.

Now that you've met everybody in my life, I will now begin telling you my story.

The year is 1965. I'm in my room reading a book while listening to The Beatles' record, A Hard Day's Night. They even made a movie called that last year. When I went to see it with my family, we couldn't stop laughing since it was so funny. Recently, they filmed another movie called Help! Unlike A Hard Day's Night, this film was more of an adventure, and the guys were being hunted! No matter where they went, these nasty people always seemed to find them! Scary, huh?

Whoops! I'm getting too carried away again! Anyway, the difference between A Hard Day's Night and Help! is that the first film was greyscale while the other one was shot in color. One is semi-realistic, and the other is science fictional.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that The Beatles released their Help! record a few days ago, and I'm planning on buying it. Soon I'll have five of their records.

Back to what I'm doing. I immediately heard my favorite song of A Hard Day's Night pop up on the record. I put my book down, got up from my seat, and started singing and dancing to the song.

Before this dance is through
I think I'll love you, too
I'm so happy when you dance with me

I don't wanna kiss or hold your hand
If it's funny try and understand
There is really nothing else I'd rather do
'Cause I'm happy just to dance with you

I don't need to hug or hold you tight
I just wanna dance with you all night
In this world there's nothing I would rather do
'Cause I'm happy just to dance with you

Just to dance with you
Is everything I need
Before this dance is through
I think I'll love you, too
I'm so happy when you dance with me

If somebody tries to take my place
Let's pretend we just can't see his face
In this world there's nothing I would rather do
'Cause I'm happy just to dance with you

Just to dance with you
Is everything I need
Before this dance is through
I think I'll love you, too

I'm so happy when you dance with me
If somebody tries to take my place
Let's pretend we just can't see his face
In this world there's nothing I would rather do
I discovered I'm in love with you

'Cause I'm happy just to dance with you

The vocals of George Harrison were top notch! If Riley was with me right now, she'd probably faint. A knock on my door occurs. "Come in!" I said. The door opens to reveal my mom. "Hi, sweetie. Enjoying your music?" She asked. "You betcha!" I said. "I had a feeling. I could hear you singing while I was coming upstairs." Said my mom. I let out a giggle. "By the way, Riley's on the phone. She wants to talk to you." My mom said. "Oh, okay." I said.

I make my way downstairs and picked up the phone. "Hi, Riley!" I said. "Hey, Annabelle! Watcha doing?" Asked Riley. "I was just listening to some music and reading my book." I said. "Were you listening to one of your Beatles records?" Riley asked. "I sure was." I said "Which one?" Asked Riley. "A Hard Day's Night." I said. "Sweet! I was listening to their Please Please Me record before I called you." Riley said. "Ooh, that's a good one too!" I said.

"Anyway, I'm about to do some shopping in a bit. Wanna join me?" Asked Riley. "Sure! I'm planning on The Beatles' Help! record." I said. "Cool. We'll stop by the record shop on our way back." Riley said. "Sounds like a plan. See you in a bit." I said. "You got it, Belle!" Said Riley before the line goes dead. I put the phone back on the receiver just as my big sister entered the room.

"Oh! Hi, Abby!" I said. "Hi, Belle. Was that Riley on the phone?" Asked Abigail. "It sure was. I'm gonna join her while she does some shopping in a bit." I said. "Are you gonna buy the new Beatles record? Please say yes!!" Abigail said with her hands folded. "Oh yeah! I'm gonna buy all their records as they come out!" I said. "Yay!!!" Said Abigail excitedly.

My little brother enters the room. "Hi, Nathan." I said. "Hi, Annabelle. Did I overhear you tell Abigail that you're gonna buy The Beatles' new record?" Asked Nathan. "You heard right, little bro!" Abigail said with a wink.

There's a knock at the door. My mom walks over and answers it to reveal Riley. "Why, hello, Riley!" She said. "Hi, Mrs. Jones. Is Annabelle ready?" Riley asked. "She should be. Annabelle, honey, are you ready?" Asked my mom. "Yeah, I'm ready! Let me just grab my purse." I said.

I walked up to my room and grabbed my purse before coming back down. "Have fun, you two." My mom said. "We will!" Said Riley and me at the same time. The two of us girls piled into Riley's car as we went on our way.